Next Villa Manager

Richard

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How motivated is Clarke likely to be if he is potentially leaving?

I'm sure he'll treat the game the same as any other game he has managed. He's not going to do a half arsed job because he might be leaving the club.

Very surprised the appointment is taking this long. The writing was on the wall for RDM a long time ago. Contingency plans and list of replacements should have been in place. 

4 hours ago, vreitti said:

I'll be highly delighted if Steve Bruce is never announced as manager of Aston Villa football club.

..........And your knight on a white horse ,that will make you delighted,is?

Edited by TRO

Most players are away till Thursday/Friday I want the new manager in place by Wednesday. Saying Saturday doesn't matter so no need to rush doesn't take into account we have Reading on Tuesday and we can't afford to fall any further behind. Let's hope we get the new manager bounce and that'll give him time to asses the players and the squad. If we can be within 5 pts of 6 th come Jan I'll be happy and confident we can get into the playoffs. 

Just a thought on Bruce. 

Could he be stalling? I know he said he's waiting to hear yesterday, but he also said how close he came to the England job last time and how it would be the peak of his career to get the England job. 

Could a little bit of him want to see what happens with that first? 

Unlikely but who the hell knows anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Just a thought on Bruce. 

Could he be stalling? I know he said he's waiting to hear yesterday, but he also said how close he came to the England job last time and how it would be the peak of his career to get the England job. 

Could a little bit of him want to see what happens with that first? 

Unlikely but who the hell knows anymore. 

It's possible I suppose, but personally I think if we offer him the job, he won't hang around to see if England come knocking. I think it's pretty obvious that ship has sailed for now. I think he's desperate to come and manage us tbh. 

OT, but I think the FA are putting all their eggs into the Wenger basket. 

It seems the possible appointment of Steve Bruce has rattled a few cages with our city cousins.....seems like even they know whats wrong with us and can see things changing for the better....else why would they be so concerned.

They appear to be doing their best to derail it by dreaming that Steve has some kind of deep rooted affinity , those are wallowing in delusion.....He is a football manager who did well there but left 10 years ago.....thats it.

Ron Saunders left us for WBA & Blues.....so what.

IF Steve Bruce gets the job and does well they will be just a distant memory.He has already declared he would "love" the job

Newcastle is his club, blues fans, get over it.

Under the radar... So possibly ones not linked before? Apparently in news articles of the last few days it said 'high profile managers had thrown their hats into the ring at the last minute when it looked odds on Bruce. 

We were odds on with Pearson last time for ages, then RDM popped up, could we potentially be doing that again? I'm reading the 'under the radar' as being outside bets who have gained favour and are now viable options, not linked before or not heavily linked anyway. 

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Not happy if Neville is preferred to Clarke. Our defense actually looks more organized and that is largely down to Clarke's influence. I also think he can do well with Bruce. 

The thing is, Clarke has been interviewed for the job (Pat Murphy - twitter), so no other manager would keep him based on him wanting the job.