Next Villa Manager

Richard

35 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

Well, after those tweets from Pat Murphy, this is fascinating. I think it's Dyche.

A very long shot, but just noticed on Oddschecker (got to stop refreshing it every 5 mins for some kind of clue) that Louis Van Gaal has just entered the betting on Betfair at 7/2. Just the kind of name i think Dr Xia would love. Maybe he is a name under the radar?

With that and the Dr now following Phil Neville on Twitter, ok...........i'll get my coat :D

Lol, why did you go and mention this, now you got me wondering......

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

The longer this goes on the more likely it seems we are trying for an in work manager. If that becomes public knowledge and we don't get him I wonder if Bruce will be happy being the back up option.

I think Bruce will be pragmatic about it. He said himself on GOS that he was part of a 'process', so he knows he's not the only runner. Massive job for him, don't think he'd let pride get in the way. 

11 minutes ago, midian said:

So John Percy says Phil Neville rejected coaching job with us to concentrate on a manager job soon shame I personally wouldnt of minded him

Phil Neville for manager ?! Easy to take the piss out of, not very easy to like, could be a great manager, not Gary,could be shit. pointless post really 

22 minutes ago, NuneatonVilla said:

It's funny how Betfair have dropped the odds on Louis Van Gaal lol 7/2 they claim. Not even mentioned on the other bookies.

Is it the exchange? Anyone could set those odds based on Phil Neville/Xia Twitter link

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind Gary Neville as I think he'd do very well.

Phil, as anything other than a coach, would be an absolute disaster. 

There's no way we'll be the mugs giving him a managing role luckily.

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind Gary Neville as I think he'd do very well.

Phil, as anything other than a coach, would be an absolute disaster. 

There's no way we'll be the mugs giving him a managing role luckily.

You didn't see his Valencia stint then no? 

• Like 1

Got a feeling it wont be Bruce. Its been common knowledge for a while now.. hes available.. so were obviously talking to a few others. There is no way of knowing who Dr Xia will pick from the 2-3 candidates provided to him. He may do the interviews and be more impressed with another. Who knows. Longer it takes.. the more i think there is some negotiating going on with a club for compensation.......

• Like 1