Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I actually would start him at Wembley. Yes he’s been poor all season, but

This is the worst possible approach IMO. Playing a player who is out of confidence or not going to make a positive difference is pointless. He's not suddenly going to rediscover his ability to beat a man while playing in front of 80,000 at Wembley. Last year he went into the playoff final in crap form, and delivered a crap performance. This year he goes into the final in crap form, and we're expecting him to deliver what exactly?

Adomah and Green are answers to the question 'how do you achieve a balanced-looking teamsheet?' not 'how do you win this playoff final?' I'm not saying we have any great answers to that question, but Kodjia should be the one playing. Yes, of course, maybe he won't track a runner at a corner or he might shoot into the stands rather than passing for a tap-in. We know he's far from perfect. But equally, he might get close to Abraham and score from a knock-down, or get tripped in the penalty area, or give Leeds (?) something to think about. Because they can defend against Green and Adomah without any planning at all. 

I don't want to go into this match looking to play the percentages and lose 1-0 in an organised way. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Though Kodjia would have taken the pen not him strange

I think Adomah has a reasonable record from penalties to be fair, and he's certainly taken some good ones for us in the past. 

It's just that, like someone said on here recently (sorry, can't remember who) 'everything he's touched this year has turned to dust'. Which is why he shouldn't be starting at Wembley. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

I saw during the team talk before the pens DS pointed at Kodija and he shaked his head - don't think he fancied it.

Shame he really has lost his confidence

9 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Who starts if not him ? Just saying. We are pretty thin on quality down the right.

cigarette paper thin.....it needs addressing at the first opportunity.

I do like him but he seems devoid of any confidece these days. Last year he was full of tricks and skills and when he warms up he's full of tricks, but as soon as he gets on the pitch he always look to move the ball on rather than try and create chances. It's a bit sad really.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Can Davis play on the left? 

From what I've seen I think Keinan would struggle to do the running required. Also his main skill is with defenders at his back which obviously wouldnt happen on the wing. 

No doubt in my mind that Tammy would be a more effective wide man than Adomah, Green or Kodjia. He's quick likes taking players on 1-1 and has a decent cross too. Obvious draw back is that it takes out our leading scorer out of the top spot so it'd be a bold bold move to change it now and for that reason I can't see it happening. 

Hindsight and all that but I really wished we'd used the Leeds and Norwich games to try some different combinations. Feels very late in the day to be tinkering now but Adomah and Green are both so poor we are effectively playing with 10 men at times. 

Edited by villaglint

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think Adomah has a reasonable record from penalties to be fair, and he's certainly taken some good ones for us in the past. 

It's just that, like someone said on here recently (sorry, can't remember who) 'everything he's touched this year has turned to dust'. Which is why he shouldn't be starting at Wembley. 

looked like he just had a spliff, before that penalty.....no urgency.

Look at the urgency Steer showed.....world of difference

I feel like a lot of my recent posts have been just negative ones relating to our Albert so apologies for that.. but here's another one ;) ... no way should he be near the starting eleven at Wembley.

If we are to stick with a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 formation (which I can't really see us changing from) then I would either go;

El Ghazi, Abraham, Kodjia          or         Abraham, Davis, Kodjia   

Looked like he put the ball right on/in the spot last night. It was a soft pen and he was leaning back but as soon as he struck it it seemed to jump a little where it hit the raised grass around the sunken spot and just carried on going up & over from then on

Albert has completely lost confidence in himself in terms of dribbling/general positive play (which is sad to see as I really like him), and shouldn’t be playing in the final (same goes for Green, but probably for different reasons). With Tammy also struggling up front since returning from injury, we have a bit of a problem with the front three. I would move El Ghazi to right wing, for two reasons - firstly, he is our best winger, and assuming we are playing Leeds he should therefore be let loose on their makeshift left back. Secondly, he is better at tracking back than every potential winger except Adomah (who shouldn’t be playing), and Elmo is not as effective as Taylor defensively (due to being more adventurous). This gives us the option to put Kodjia or Abraham left wing (the latter would be a rogue choice but Tammy is struggling being the main man since injury so could be effective), knowing Taylor is quite secure behind them, with either Abraham/Kodjia/Davis up front. Personally I like the look of Tammy - Davis - El Ghazi as a front three, but can’t see it happening - I suspect Kodjia will go wide left and Tammy instead of Davis in the middle, which would be much preferable than the option s used in either leg against West Brom.

On 15/05/2019 at 10:00, honest_bertie said:

Could Lansbury do a job on the wing. Know it sounds wrong but at least he seems up for it which Albert doesn't and he’s a far better passer than green. Just whether he has the fitness maybe is main question.

No

Â