Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, Dave-R said:

Don't think he played all that bad, just west brom were very difficult to break down, they played ace defensively.

Dave if we had played like that, We would have been slaughtered by the press and neutrals....even Steve Bruce wasn't that bad

Having said that we haven't got the players bar one or two to play like that ,so we can't...they wasn't just defensive they were physically cynical and despite some of the comments supporting Jimmy Shan.....I thought they could have got past us if they played properly.

They deserved to be dumped out, for their sheer clattering style of play....They just cynically took us out.

Shan lost them that play off semi.....his bluenose attitude got the better of him and it was poetic justice.....it was a sheer anti -Aston Villa plan.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Dave if we had played like that, We would have been slaughtered by the press and neutrals....even Steve Bruce wasn't that bad

Having said that we haven't got the players bar one or two to play like that ,so we can't...they wasn't just defensive they were physically cynical and despite some of the comments supporting Jimmy Shan.....I thought they could have got past us if they played properly.

They deserved to be dumped out, for their sheer clattering style of play....They just cynically took us out.

Shan lost them that play off semi.....his bluenose attitude got the better of him and it was poetic justice.....it was a sheer anti -Aston Villa plan.

Yes they were after our players right from the get go, that referee needs the sack. I was disgusted at it all TRO. They deserved everything they got and even forest fans will be loving it and giving them stick as they can't stand Albion for there cheating ways. 

One cheating team out, possibly another to go- Leeds, hope we dump two cheating, fouling teams out because Leeds will be ten times worse than Albion I think..

That red card was deserved, two reds in two games shows how desperate they have become..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

I got very angry with him.tonight, he has turned into a complete turd. Must not start final !!! 

Who starts if not him ? Just saying. We are pretty thin on quality down the right.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Who starts if not him ? Just saying. We are pretty thin on quality down the right.

Green, as much as I don't rate him he is more likely to actually take on a defender instead of playing backwards passes and being completely ineffective like adomah.

2 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Green, as much as I don't rate him he is more likely to actually take on a defender instead of playing backwards passes and being completely ineffective like adomah.

I think Adomah made more of an impression in the time he had.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

I think Adomah made more of an impression in the time he had.

If you mean an impression of a footballer who never takes on a defender attempts to cross and balls up a great couple of chances and to top it of completely sky his pen, Then yes he did that very well. 

Green was poop agreed, but id still start him in the final.

Adomah is no more......

4 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

If you mean an impression of a footballer who never takes on a defender attempts to cross and balls up a great couple of chances and to top it of completely sky his pen, Then yes he did that very well. 

Green was poop agreed, but id still start him in the final.

Adomah is no more......

Green was like a rabbit in headlights with that crowd tonight. He completely froze. You want him to start at Wembley?? 80 odd thousand 

• Like 2

Think I'd put McGinn on the right side. Then Conor Grealish and Whelan central. Or as others mentioned Tammy out wide and Kodjia central. Might also put Hutton in and play either him or Elmo on the wing. Neither Adomah or Green seem to be close to putting in a decent performance by the reports. 

• Like 1

He plays like someone who knows he's gone either way at the end of the season. The peg was like watching an amateur against his mates. There's always less of a margin of error for aiming higher but it seemed so nonchalant. Zero convict. 

I think he is on his way down but at the same time, I think there's still enough there that he hasn't been showing which is the frustrating part. 

Maybe we all read in to things too much but he's a shadow of the previous few seasons imo and I'd rather stick Kodjia there for the final over him and Green as he can still produce magic. 

Should have scored the one one that Johnstone saves, and his penalty was shocking.

But make no mistake, as poor as he’s been, made much more of an impact than Green.  

Green is one for the future, but we can’t go into the final with 2 of our wide players being Taylor and Green.  

• Like 1

My exact words to me son was "why is Adomah taking a penalty? He will miss.  Everything he has touched has turned to dust this season" 

Was not remotely surprised to see the ball balloon over the bar. 

It's galling that when you see the kind of performance Green put in yesterday you just know Adomah is going to come on and improve nothing. 

I actually would start him at Wembley. Yes he’s been poor all season, but I think he adds more to the shape of the team and defensively helps out. Green is a better impact sub.

The rw position is one that needs improving whichever league we are in.

• Like 1

It's a tough one because as bad as he was he still got in the better positions to score.  I credit Johnstone with a very decent save rather than blame Adomah for that chance late on.  The penalty was shite though.  Is Lansbury fit?  Maybe he could play right midfield.

• Like 1

Had a hard struck on target shot saved linked up with Elmo which while not dazzling wingplay kept us with the ball.

I'm inclined to think the game plan was never to keep crossing the ball in, hence the shit corners but to keep possession and work the spaces for shooting anywhere near the area.

That clearly didn't work but he was a million times better than green who either lost the ball, gave the ball away didn't track his man or completely biffed any cross he attempted.

I would put Conner at right side ala snodgrass so he can either whip it in with his left foot or let Elmo overlap without the need to beat the player.

• Like 1

Â