Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

On 15/05/2019 at 18:06, Carlos_the_third said:

Albert has completely lost confidence in himself in terms of dribbling/general positive play (which is sad to see as I really like him), and shouldn’t be playing in the final (same goes for Green, but probably for different reasons). With Tammy also struggling up front since returning from injury, we have a bit of a problem with the front three. I would move El Ghazi to right wing, for two reasons - firstly, he is our best winger, and assuming we are playing Leeds he should therefore be let loose on their makeshift left back. Secondly, he is better at tracking back than every potential winger except Adomah (who shouldn’t be playing), and Elmo is not as effective as Taylor defensively (due to being more adventurous). This gives us the option to put Kodjia or Abraham left wing (the latter would be a rogue choice but Tammy is struggling being the main man since injury so could be effective), knowing Taylor is quite secure behind them, with either Abraham/Kodjia/Davis up front. Personally I like the look of Tammy - Davis - El Ghazi as a front three, but can’t see it happening - I suspect Kodjia will go wide left and Tammy instead of Davis in the middle, which would be much preferable than the option s used in either leg against West Brom.

The thing for me is this.....I don't fancy going in to the final or any final, carrying passengers.

First and foremost, we need players on form and with the bit between their teeth and we can't expect our best players to carry others, it zaps their energy.

On 14/05/2019 at 23:19, rodders0223 said:

More angry he basically told his captain to **** off tbh.

I caught that too.

On 15/05/2019 at 07:43, Demitri_C said:

can you elaborate on this?> 

Grealish looked like he gave him some words after something didn't come off and Adomah waved his arms at him and mouthed what looked like the quote above as they were trotting back.

don't write off adomah.

He can do the business and be a match winner. Look at sheffield weds away.  crucial goal. but no one remembers it because tammy scored "the winner" 2 mins later.

He's better than Andre Green. he will have one game left in his legs even if he's gone in the summer.

the african boys get a hard time cos of their perceived laid back attitudes. But they have been match winners on many occasions. a true manager will see this and put an arm around him. 

I tell my bosses to **** off all the time, its good for grealish if someone kicks back. he won't turn into a spoilt brat and he'll think about ways he delivers his message in future.

7 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

don't write off adomah.

He can do the business and be a match winner. Look at sheffield weds away.  crucial goal. but no one remembers it because tammy scored "the winner" 2 mins later.

He's better than Andre Green. he will have one game left in his legs even if he's gone in the summer.

the african boys get a hard time cos of their perceived laid back attitudes. But they have been match winners on many occasions. a true manager will see this and put an arm around him. 

I tell my bosses to **** off all the time, its good for grealish if someone kicks back. he won't turn into a spoilt brat and he'll think about ways he delivers his message in future.

I'm beginning to think that you and @villalad21 are the same person. 

18 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I caught that too.

Grealish looked like he gave him some words after something didn't come off and Adomah waved his arms at him and mouthed what looked like the quote above as they were trotting back.

If he did say that, I wouldn't play him.....I seen his gesticulation with his hands, but couldn't read his lips.......I don't think he is mentally right for this game.

Any player that cannot muster a gut busting approach would not be in.....I would sooner play Hutton as a winger as a last resort.

Edited by TRO

• 2 weeks later...

Worked hard for the team yesterday but devoid of any confidence in the attacking third. 

Got to have been his last performance for us. Mate was saying he has heard that’s adomah is already started his coaching badges

A good championship player, who has served us well, is he out of contract? If he is, I'd thank him, give him his promotion bonus and let him go in his way. He'll serve someone else well, but I do think he's probably past his best.  

On the other hand, he's not a bad player to have in a PL squad, but we certainly need better. 

• Like 1

Looked to have lost a yard of pace this season and was clearly one of the weaker links in the squad towards the end, however even this year he scored some vital goals for us. Wish him well and expect to see him at a mid level championship club next season.

Â