Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

A good way to bow out. Thanks Albert. You gave us some damn fine goals and carried us for portions of last season.

I hope he ends up at a good club. As a free agent he will have plenty of offers. Still a very good Championship player.

• Like 2

I remember the interview with JG & SJM on the pitch afterwards......during it, Albert gatecrashed it singing "we are going up, we are going up !" and the thing I really noticed was the almost non-reaction from Jack or John whilst he was doing it. They just took a quick glance at him after he went off camera and then carried on the interview.

It was almost as if they were thinking "yes mate, we're going up but you ain't coming with us !" 🤔

Gave us a good service for 3 seasons even when not playing he wasn't a dick and seems a popular dressing room figure. 

Good for him early to know and will pick up a club. Also good from our management that sentiment doesnt exist 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gave us a good service for 3 seasons even when not playing he wasn't a dick and seems a popular dressing room figure. 

Good for him early to know and will pick up a club. Also good from our management that sentiment doesnt exist 

It certainly seems the club aren't messing about when it comes to telling players they are being released. They've not allowed much more than hangover-recovery time to elapse before giving Albert and Alan the news. However, this is obviously just communicating decisions taken a good while ago. Those two come into the, "If we go up, these out of contract guys will be thanked and we'll wish them well" group.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear about some more tomorrow. As you say, there's no point pissing about and it gives them that much longer to get their next move sorted if they are looking to play on.

• Like 1

It's a little weird... I realise that we can't keep Albert, Huts, Jedi as they will struggle in the prem. I do though feel a little sad for them as(Unlike others) they have massively contributed to us going back up. The 3 mentioned have been model pros while at our club when many haven't and I'm sure they have also had a massive influence on the core of the team moving forward. I wish them all the best and would buy them all a pint and raise a toast. 

• Like 1

Thanks Albert, I think the last 12 months have shown it's time to move on, but you've been a constant in our squad since dropping to the Championship and who knows what state we'd be in without your goals the previous season. All the best for the next challenge.

All the best for the future Albert! Thanks for all you did for the Villa.

Must be unusual to go from starting in, and winning, a play-off final on Monday to being released on Friday. Not that I disagree.

Â