Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Well it's been a pleasing summer all round. I get what WoodyThomas is saying in that some people felt similar optimism at this time last year and in a way he's right every signing is a risk and it maybe that none of these players gel together and it doesn't work out the way we want.

For me 12 months ago there was reason for optimism because a number of the signings came with a big reputation I was also worried because we'd also lost our 2 best players which were always going to be difficult shoes to fill. On the first day of the season I had no idea if we'd massively overachieve or be a complete disaster. Time obviously told.

This year I'm optimistic because of the experience and talent we've bought for this league. I can't say I'm sure we'll get promoted but I reckon we'll be challenging and after last season and the mega mess they inherited I'll take that. Also I'm optimistic because I like being optimistic. I have no idea how you can be a Villa fan and be otherwise. Anything else and I'd have topped myself long ago. 

Haven't you noticed the drop in gates since Mon and the corpses on the serpentine:)

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

I like Adomah because all the Boro fans seem gutted to see him go.. They also seem gutted that we lumped Adama "no motivation" Traore on them.. So good business all round.

They really arent. They think its a great bit of business especially with him have 1 year left on his contract

B*llocks to Traore's potential, we need delivery now.

We've traded a lazy, expensive, arrogant piece of **** who's permanently injured and whose contribution to Villa can be measured in minutes, for a hard working player with decent stats, a good track record and is rarely out injured.

What's not to like?

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I wonder which shirt number he'll take.

Traore will not be using his although he seldom used it in any case.

Nice to have an Albert back in the team.   

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So was it a straight swap for Adama or did one club make a payment, can't see on media links and might've missed something on here 

It seems we bought Adomah for £6mill (though it could be £3m).

The Traore deal was totally separate, and it might have been on a free, but with a sell-on clause.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

Just watched his interview on AVFC (link).  Have to say he comes across very well - seems really enthusiastic and happy to be here - more than any of the other interviews I've seen to be honest. i found myself smiling as I listened to him talk - he comes across as endearing. Worked his way up the leagues. Thrilled to be here. Has that infectious smiling type of personalty that will probably make him popular in the squad.  I am hoping his jovial personality might rub off on his buddy Ayew a bit and encourage him to crack a grin or two this year.  I also didn't realize that Adomah has also played with De Laet before so that should help the link up and understanding on the right - when they play together! 

Am I right in thinking that he's already played alongside de Laet, Kodjia and Ayew at some point? 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

That video where he signed and said he couldn't see, is so good to see. Really wants to be here. Some rise after signing for Bristol for £2m last year 

What? He can't see?!

I saw a pic of him wearing glasses, kinda assumed they were just a fashion thing, I'm worried that his blindness may effect his ability to impact a game.....how tall is he? 

• Like 1

Â