Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

OS

Aston Villa Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of winger Albert Adomah.

The 28-year-old arrives from Middlesbrough and joins us on a four-year deal.

Adomah, a Ghanaian international, helped the Riverside outfit win promotion to the Premier League last season.

Manager Roberto Di Matteo said: “Albert is a player I’m really happy to have brought to the Club and like others he knows what is required to win promotion from the Championship.

“He is an attacking player who creates goals and I’m confident he will be an impressive addition to the group.”

pretty quick for the OS to be fair ;)

Very happy with this signing. Think we have definitely got the better deal out of this with Middlesbrough. We know what we will get from this guy. From reports it seems he was a very consistent performer in the championship. Can't say the same thing about Traore in the premier league.

Edited by TheMightyVillans

10 minutes ago, Jarpie said:

Official now. Looks like both moves hinged on each other going through.

I'm just happy that our average forehead size has been restored after Lescott leaving.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Very happy with this signing. Think we have definitely got the better deal out of this with Middlesbrough. We know what we will get from this guy. From reports it seems he was a very consistent performer in the championship. Can't say the same thing about Traore in the premier league.

And he also rarely misses a game. He has clocked up over 40 appearances for each of the past 8 seasons. Whilst Traore had massive potential he never actually started a league game for us.

Seems to be a very good player on Championship level.

But I gotta say. What I saw out of him on PL level (games against Sunderland and West Brom) was far from convincing.

Let's hope he can swing those crosses in for Rudy and Jonny.

We made very good Championship experienced/Championship proven signings. That should be the right way to get back up.

Edited by Denis242

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

Shouldn't it be Aston Villa 'are' pleased rather than 'is' pleased. They do the singular grammar in the States but over here it's usual plural. Not at all important but something I noticed. ;)

I think by adding the longer "Aston Villa Football Club" they've made it a singular entity.  Whereas "Aston Villa" on its own should be "are".

• Like 4

Â