Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Atrocious again. Slows everything down with his inability to pass. Has he ever played a 1 touch pass?

Not only does every attack end with him running into someone, he is the laziest bloke I've ever seen. 

We will not get promoted next year with Kodjia in the team. The cons far outweighs the pros, he just isn't a team player

I really think people underestimate what a big impact some of his decisions have had on us.

I can think of countless occasions where we probably could have scored and gone on to win if he didn't run into someone, try to score a goal out of the book of Tai Chi, or refuse to pass to blatantly open players in more dangerous positions than himself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I really think people underestimate what a big impact some of his decisions have had on us.

I can think of countless occasions where we probably could have scored and gone on to win if he didn't run into someone, try to score a goal out of the book of Tai Chi, or refuse to pass to blatantly open players in more dangerous positions than himself.

Couldn't agree more. This notion that we would be in trouble without his goals is so unbelievably short sighted. There is every chance that without him we would score more as a team. 

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Couldn't agree more. This notion that we would be in trouble without his goals is so unbelievably short sighted. There is every chance that without him we would score more as a team. 

Which fantastic players are going to score these goals?

I don't think i have said that any of our players ate fantastic. What i have said is that Kodjia isn't very good, and does more harm than good to our team, team being a term that Kodjia does not understand. 

His touch is crap, his vision is nome existent, he doesn't want to pass, and when he tries he can't do it. If every time you get ball you go alone, the law of averages suggest it will work now and again, but at what cost?

I'm beginning to see why the Bristol fans are still laughing their tits off. 

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He isn't a central striker for me. He doesn't hold the ball up well enough, wins nothing in the air and he doesn't have the awareness to play others in around him. He is a much better player coming in from the left where he has had most of his best games for us.

Completely agree and have been saying it for weeks. 

16 minutes ago, Farlz said:

We'd be a lot worse off without him. Stop treating him as a target man would help, don't understand this 'lazy' tag either. 

I don't think he's lazy. But I think he was knackered or injured today. Second half he barely moved.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

In the league without him this season, we have scored:

0 - Wednesday away

3 - Rotherham home

1 - Huddersfield home

0 - Derby away

1 - Bristol away

0 - Cardiff away

0 - Wolves away

2 - Preston home

So in 8 games without him, we failed to score in half of them and only scored more than once on two occasions, one of which was against what is by far the league's weakest side. I don't think there's much evidence for your thesis here. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

His touch is crap

Leaving aside the rest of this comment, some of which is fair, this just isn't true at all. He's very skillful and can beat a man easily. It's a bigger problem that he sometimes wants to beat them again. 

• Like 4

He's just not very good, not clinical enough on the ball and has no awareness. It's hard to know how to play him, IMO lacks the ability to play wide left and up top on his own he's severely lacking.

I'd like to see him sold in the summer, Hogan has much more upside and will prove to be the better player.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Cardiff and Wolves away?!

We were toothless for the time he was away so see it as a bizarre statement.

Seems odd to be scapegoating a player who'd provided most of our few genuine quality moments this season bar the odd Grealish goal.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

There was a break on where a simple ball to Adomah would have put him clean through but he held on to it for no reason, so frustrating because he puts in a lot of effort to help develop those opportunities at the same time. 

I guess that's why he's not at the top level. He has much to offer despite the frustrations.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, av1 said:

I dont think so, some of his goals have come out of nothing like QPR and Brentford and only 1 game his goals havent contributed to a point

• Like 2

9 hours ago, av1 said:

I don't think i have said that any of our players ate fantastic. What i have said is that Kodjia isn't very good, and does more harm than good to our team, team being a term that Kodjia does not understand. 

His touch is crap, his vision is nome existent, he doesn't want to pass, and when he tries he can't do it. If every time you get ball you go alone, the law of averages suggest it will work now and again, but at what cost?

I'm beginning to see why the Bristol fans are still laughing their tits off. 

Does more harm than good?

Once again, who is going to score the goals, sorry more goals, if he isn't playing? 

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Did he not play that position in the previous game and was utterly atrocious? 

He did. But he's had more good games in that position than he has as a central striker

8 hours ago, Junxs said:

Yes he can be frustrating at times, but so surprised to see so much animosity towards him.

Our player of the season so far!

Constructive criticism is not animosity.

Even Benteke got stick when it was warranted.

Most, if not all of what has been said is true, I give him praises for what he does well, when he does it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â