Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Spent more time out wide than the wingers. 

I spent the whole match saying "what's he doing out there? Get back in the middle Jimmy" 

Time and again we had balls crossed in but there was no one in the middle. 

So frustrating. 

• Like 1

I didn’t think he had a great game yesterday, but then I don’t think we got him involved enough. 

Funnily enough I thought he was doing a decent job of keeping the ball and running down the clock, which made his substitution baffling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I didn’t think he had a great game yesterday, but then I don’t think we got him involved enough. 

Funnily enough I thought he was doing a decent job of keeping the ball and running down the clock, which made his substitution baffling. 

I don't think any of our big players had particularly good games.

but we did see enough of the ball to have put that to bed.

On 24/08/2018 at 09:02, Jay.P.A said:

Honestly mate - I was shocked at some of the comments in this thread. Unbelievable. 

Has your opinion changed now? The King Is BACK. 

Gabby?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why drop him? We looked a far better team when he came on, why not play both Abraham and Kodjia from the start?

I was thinking exactly the same.....but maybe one winger.

at present we are struggling in midfield, McGinn and Grealish have dipped in form.

And its too much work under those circumstances.....Jed is only there for his head....we need another dynamic player in there with industry.

for the quality of our full backs we might as well go with three at the back  2 upfront and 5 across the middle.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I was thinking exactly the same.....but maybe one winger.

at present we are struggling in midfield, McGinn and Grealish have dipped in form.

And its too much work under those circumstances.....Jed is only there for his head....we need another dynamic player in there with industry.

for the quality of our full backs we might as well go with three at the back  2 upfront and 5 across the middle.

I think you are correct as per

He has to start simply because he does not rely on service he can scor out of nothing which is an asset in a team that does not create much ,  its like Bruce cant wait to drop him for players he brought in it was his intention with Hogan , he couldnt get ahed o Grabban when he came back from injury

• Like 1

He has to start simply because he does not rely on service he can scor out of nothing which is an asset in a team that does not create much ,  its like Bruce cant wait to drop him for players he brought in it was his intention with Hogan , he couldnt get ahed o Grabban when he came back from injury

11 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Was he the one who assisted Tammy for the goal with that sublime through ball?

I think he has passed the ball more in this half than he has in his whole time at the club!

He was passing to Abraham on saturday too. Maybe he sees him as a player he can actually link up with as him and McCormack and especially Hogan was non existent 

Â