Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

He was covering his full back, making challenges, and on occasion tried to pick a pass.

He rarely did any of those things when we signed him.  And even more recently than that.

I've noticed an improvement in him recently with regards to trying to play more with others and being more involved in team play. He doesn't always do the right thing but a couple more weeks of coaching and I expect to see more improvement. 

p.s. Just put the ball in the net and worry about the spectacular when we're 3-0 up or so. Good lad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

He offers nothing wide left. Delivery not good enough. Concentration is brutal . Yeah it's up top or nothing for me. Wouldn't mind trying Tammy wide left and Hogan up top for derby.

That sounds awful. Move abraham from where he is effective and start a striker who has been aysmal for us. Madness. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That sounds awful. Move abraham from where he is effective and start a striker who has been aysmal for us. Madness. 

As opposed to starting a striker wide left who is not doing much really ? Hey, just a suggestion. Abraham said himself he prefers to play wide left.

I’m not a fan of him wide left but what are our other options? El Ghazi is awful, Adomah isn’t great and El Mohamady can probably only play on the right.

I actually think he’s better than Abraham but for now, we may need him out on the left.

Any suggestion that he should be dropped for Super Scott is ludicrous.

He's a wild card player.

When it comes off it looks magic but when it doesn't (and more often than not it won't) then it can be very frustrating. 

There is a place for this kind of player in a side that is performing but in a side that is finding its feet he can be a liability. 

I think we need to be patient but he can be an asset. 

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Not at the level he should be, but he's becoming more and more of a team player.

This. I'm surprised at the negativity towards him from yesterdays display. First time in his Villa career I thought he came across as a team player. Real shame about his pass to Hutton cause that was quite beautiful. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, poitier said:

I think he is a little unlucky to be pushed out wide to make way for Abraham, I don't think there is much between them in terms of quality and they are similar in many ways.

Abraham is a better version of Davis good player dont get me wrong, Kodja can pick the ball up at the half way line repatedly beat players has a insane first touch he tried to play a team game last night I think on a few ocassions he should have cut inside and smash it in instead of passing .

Thought Kodjia was really good last night, linked up well with Grealish and took on the full backs well. Final delivery isn't always the best but it's improving and at least he is trying it. Abraham should really have scored the chance Kodjia served him.

Should really have been given the chance up top with half hour to go as Abraham was struggling.

Looked like the Kodjia of old again last night.

• Like 1

Â