Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

On 29/09/2018 at 10:02, Dr_Pangloss said:

Those who suggested he's "better on the left" are absolutely mad. He's shite out there and has scored the vast majority of his goals for us up front, a totally unfounded idea that can hopefully be put to bed now.

Again, this is something we learned 2 years ago..but here we are.

• Like 2

With the two injuries, it is unlikely he will ever be that player again.

However, with Abraham, El Ghazi, Bolasi, Grealish and Adomah, we should be creating shit loads of chances for him rather than asking him to create them himself.

I feel he could beutilised so much more effectively (butyou could say that about most in our squad right now).

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he might struggle for game time under Smith.

From what I know Smith likes players who are bright, alert and able to fit into a passing jigsaw, players that understand space and can work the ball with teammates to create openings. Kodjia is a bit more head down, pace, dribbling and Ride of the Valkyries. I think his ability to create things on his own was perfect for Bruce, but his inability to play well with others might make it harder for him to find opportunities under this manager.

This, absolutely this.

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

From what I know Smith likes players who are bright, alert and able to fit into a passing jigsaw, players that understand space and can work the ball with teammates to create openings. Kodjia is a bit more head down, pace, dribbling and Ride of the Valkyries. I think his ability to create things on his own was perfect for Bruce, but his inability to play well with others might make it harder for him to find opportunities under this manager.

I’m not too sure, sometimes he looks disinterested in other players and wants to do it all himself. Then at times he brings out an assist like he did for Tammy’s first goal for us. In times like that he looks like he has a football brain. It does seem like he only passes to people who he is friends with, and if he doesn’t get on with you (McCormack springs to mind) then you don’t get the pass. Now obviously that is not ideal, but I still think he’ll have a big role to play under Smith, if Smith can get himjoining in with everyone.

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he's got enough of a football brain and gifted enough technically to fit a passing system. If his place in the starting XI depends on him doing so I'm sure he'll get up to speed in no time. I imagine he'll be even more lethal in such a system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I agree with you, though the naive optimist within me has seen some link up play with Abraham and some more passes from him this season. Hopefully he will be drilled into a system where we aren't over relying on some players individual performances and which means he will need to adapt or he wont play.

I think he's just a crazy character tbh...I read that when he was at Bristol C they had to put a sleep monitor on him as he was up on his phone until 3-4am on Facebook then getting to training for 7 :D

That's what I love about him though. He's passionate, he's entertaining, you can tell he loves football. His game isn't perfect but when he's on it I love to watch him. Really want him to succeed at Villa.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has impressed me tonight and with a better pass he could have got a couple of assists. Top attitude and effort

He worked hard and saw a lot of the ball bit there was little end product imo. The pass/cross to Tammy was poor, he bounced the ball at him rather then playing in a good ball. 

Â