Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

I'm not seeing what all of you are seeing. I thought he was incredibly wasteful last night and struggles to get the basics of football right. We should have been out of sight and he messed up 2 or 3 really good attacking moves.

Would rather have Green playing on the left.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not seeing what all of you are seeing. I thought he was incredibly wasteful last night and struggles to get the basics of football right. We should have been out of sight and he messed up 2 or 3 really good attacking moves.

I almost feel like he is happy for our other players to spurn chances or not get on the end of stuff so he can be the big dog.

Like I said before, up top where he can do his stuff on the shoulder of the last defender and get the goals himself or not at all for me. He isn't a wide player we have known this for 2 years. When it comes to decision making, playing the ball in counter attacks and having to decide whether to play a ball in or go it alone his decision making is criminal and not something we can afford.

33 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

He’s very hit and miss, at parts last night he turned the full back in knots, he also put a good ball through for Tammy which he spurned. But yes at times he wastes the ball.

He’s still the best option out there. Green is injured and is very hit and miss himself. 

• Like 1

Can't play on the left for me as I'm not sure yet if his final delivery is just sh**e or he purposely gives it bad to try and make other front men look poor. Has looked like both of those at times. Also sick of attempted smashed volleys straight from a cross go 20 yards over when a header back across the goal or  would suffice.

• Like 1

I'd sell him in January and use that money to get a defender. 

We are shoehorning him into the XI because he is good, but I'd rather have Abraham. Plus Kodjia keeps Bolasie off the pitch.

I don't want to lose Kodjia, but I think it's best for the team. 

He is a real enigma.

I think he is playing in another game in his head.....the fella has good technical ability, but what a weird one.

team player, its never going to happen.

Yeah he's very skillful and athletic but his decision making is appalling. 

I like watching him skin a player with skill but you know 9/10 it's not going to come to anything. 

Think he needs to play CAM or not at all when TA is playing. 

He's a maverick of a footballer and at times it works really well and at other times it doesn't work. On form he is one of the best strikers in the league, I don't really understand why we would sell him as people are saying... we have plenty of midfielders or fringe players to sell ahead of Kodjia.

In my opinion he was good against Bolton, he's by no means the finished article as a winger but then I don't think any of our wingers are. Away from home I wouldn't play him on the wing, he doesn't track back enough.

For those saying he's keeping Bolasie out of the team... Bolasie isn't fully fit, if he was he would be playing, simple.

Can’t pass, won’t pass.

I’m tired of him despite his obvious maverick ability, frankly I’d rather have a more effective team player.

In the past his goals both carried us and made him almost immune from criticism, without them I think he is very vulnerable in the team under Smith.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Can’t pass, won’t pass.

I’m tired of him despite his obvious maverick ability, frankly I’d rather have a more effective team player.

In the past his goals both carried us and made him almost immune from criticism, without them I think he is very vulnerable in the team under Smith.

I think every line of that is true but I actually thought Bolton was his most efffective game for ages. Should have had an assist and a goal. 

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Can’t pass, won’t pass.

Completed more passes than Mcginn.

Completed more passes than abraham, adomah and bolassie combined. 

For some reason Kodjia has always had his haters. I don't get it  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I'd sell him in January and use that money to get a defender. 

We are shoehorning him into the XI because he is good, but I'd rather have Abraham. Plus Kodjia keeps Bolasie off the pitch.

I don't want to lose Kodjia, but I think it's best for the team. 

You know abraham isn't our player. So we sell kodjia and in the summer lose abraham. How does that help us?

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Completed more passes than Mcginn.

Completed more passes than abraham, adomah and bolassie combined. 

For some reason Kodjia has always had his haters. I don't get it  

I’ve no idea if those stats are correct re the Bolton game or not, frankly it doesn’t really matter as my post wasn’t in reference to the Bolton game.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’ve no idea if those stats are correct re the Bolton game or not, frankly it doesn’t really matter as my post wasn’t in reference to the Bolton game.

Well a strange criticism to make after the bolton game. 

He is played out of position. Works hard, passes better than every attacking player accept grealish and you say he can't and won't pass. 

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well a strange criticism to make after the bolton game. 

He is played out of position. Works hard, passes better than every attacking player accept grealish and you say he can't and won't pass. 

Not really. As I said the criticism of him wasn’t purely based on the Bolton game but I don’t think he played particularly well in it.

I don’t agree that he passes better than every attacking player except Grealish irrespective of whatever stats you’ve seen for the Bolton game. In my opinion McGinn and Abraham are significantly better and I’m not particularly interested in what the stats say on this as that isn’t something I’m interested in, I judge players on what I see. I’m sure Glenn Whelan probably has good passing stats but he isn’t as good at passing as other players who perhaps have worse stats but who try to do more with the ball.

I’ve seen enough of him during his time here to say with confidence that he frequently doesn’t pass when he should and that when he does so his passing is poor.

Â