Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not at all. Davis brings others into the game. They both have very different qualities. Maybe McGinn and Grealish would have scored a few tonight if Davis was playing? Maybe we would have lost 7-0. Who knows. But trying to point score is just uncool.

On another note... Yes kodja! More of that please!!

Point score?? You think thats what I'm doing?

I have been defending him to hill but people on here wrote him off saying we should get rid, he's finished, crap, doesnt pass etc. I got a bit fed up of debating with "supporters" when I was saying give him a few games, he looked good in preseason etc

all I was getting was absolute nonsense replies like Davis is better and even people claiming Adomah has gone off the boil because Kodjia cant play in a team (when Adomahs been off form for a very long time)

It's not point scoring, its an example of patience and asking people to use some sense. Form is temporary, class is permanent. 

• Like 1

On 20/08/2018 at 14:21, Jay.P.A said:

That's a sensible debate. 

One thing I would argue though is your assessment of his hold up play - he's never like Benteke or Davis- i.e strong in the air with his back to goal. Never has been and never will be - so for people to criticize that aspect of his game is a bit bizarre IMO.

When the ball is played up to his feet with his back to goal - he very rarely give the ball away. When the ball is played out to the channel and he gets to it, again he very rarely gives it away. We don't really help him the way we play football, but his general play is good.

I still standby what I said a few weeks ago on here - he is technically one of the best players with the ball at his feet. Alright, he needs to learn how to pass in the final third but I don' t mind our strikers being greedy, as long as they produce, which he hopefully is now. Remember this is the guy that single-handedly won us games 2 years ago on his own when we were terrible at times. 

Happy to be proven wrong tonight.? Hopefully I'm proven wrong on Saturday!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If you say so :D

OK so when people are wrong and proven wrong, they call the person who was right a point scorer, rather than admit they were wrong

I think I understand now. 

I'd rather be a point scorer then. It proves I was right all along and can read back the last 30 pages with pride and count my points, is that the likes by the way? 

Feel a right plonker to criticise him considering he pretty much rescued the game for us but he brings back Carew-esqe emotions for me. I spend most of the time silently raging at his laziness and disinterest then he pops up out of nowhere and grabs the goals we desperately need. Proper poacher.

He doesn’t move for his teammates,  doesn’t jump for balls, exerts minimal effort at all times, spends far too much time not paying attention to the game and seems to live in an offside world but then he goes and scores goals like he did tonight that negates all the negatives and makes you look like an absolute twonk for pointing them out in the first place. I hate and yet **** love him all at once. 

• Like 2

I said that once he scored one for the season his confidence would go up. Glad To see him grabbing a brace tonight, 1 in a game, 2 in a game, 3 on Saturday?

Such an enigma, some times he can be the most infuriating player around. Looking disinterested and not trying. Then all of a sudden boom. Pulls out a bit of magic. 

As with their goal scorer, both should’ve seen red tonight though

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

A year out, hadn't played a 90 minutes in well over a year, comes back and first 2 games of the season surprisingly looks rusty and off the pace. Gets absolute pelters for it and should be dropped.

I love rhe place and I have my rants against players but after 2(?) broken ankles the level of treatment and criticism on this thread was an absolute joke.

Couldn't agree any more, not to say that we aren't all susceptible to it as I found myself getting frustrated with Green a lot when he came on tonight, but perspective is important.

Despite how poor we were on the whole the season before last, I'd like to think he performed well enough himself for us to cut him a bit of slack after the nightmare of a season he had last year. He has his obvious faults, he wouldn't still be here if they didn't exist, but facts are he has a real x-factor at this level that can carry a team that can be as uninspired as ours. Love the guy and have been baffled by the backlash after only a few games this season up until now.

wow he was magnificent. His goals were great but his link up play and hold up was the best ive seen him. He used the wingers.. imagine when we have the real deal duo on the wings instead. Cant wait Reading!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

A year out, hadn't played a 90 minutes in well over a year, comes back and first 2 games of the season surprisingly looks rusty and off the pace. Gets absolute pelters for it and should be dropped.

I love rhe place and I have my rants against players but after 2(?) broken ankles the level of treatment and criticism on this thread was an absolute joke.

Absolutely.

I said it only the other night that we have damn good striker and glad he has came out and put in a great performance to silence some of the stupid posts in this thread towards him.

Well done Johnny Kodja.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

I was worried when he scored the first as when he ran into the fans he could have got a another yellow and got sent off. bruce needs to tell him to relax on that esp when he is already on a yellow!

man its like a new signing he was brilliant. 

On 20/08/2018 at 09:50, Jay.P.A said:

Lol just read back the last 7 pages. Absolutely ridiculous overreaction from some posters in particular. Now that he's back on form, surprisingly the people who were who were saying he's finished, 'brutal on the ball', etc no where to be seen.

Gosh yeah, I'd completely forgotten that 'brutal on the ball' thing, probably still the most unfathomable take I've seen on here in half a decade of membership. 

• Like 2

Â