Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

16 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

In action for tonight's U23 game at 7pm, should be getting 45 minutes according to Bruce.

Let's hope he does not get used tomorrow and break down injured - using him 2 days running cannot be good for a player whose not played competively in months - but Bruce may do so to try and save his own skin .

• Like 1

One of many critiques after Bruce's time with Sunderland was that he rushed players back from injury too soon which resulted in them getting injured again.

Really hope this wont be the case with Kodija

• Like 1

I maintain that Kodjia scores better goals than any of our other forwards but isn't the best goalscorer we have, though with Bruce as boss we will never play in a way to get the best out of in the box scorers. 

That said I feel sorry for Kodjia, not because of the injury but because of the hype and expectation level that is being built for his return. Not helped when the official site keep going on about it either. If he doesn't score for a couple upon return and we don't win then he could wel become just another scapegoat. 

A half fit kodjia on the field and we had our best chance of the match. I have a feeling we are about to go on a great run of form with Kodjia back in the team. He was clearly lacking match fitness, but still managed to find the ball numerous times in the box. I want Snodgrass and Adomah on the wings crossing it to him with Hourihane waiting for deflections and rebounds. 

6 hours ago, sne said:

One of many critiques after Bruce's time with Sunderland was that he rushed players back from injury too soon which resulted in them getting injured again.

Really hope this wont be the case with Kodija

yeah looks like Bruce took your advice ;)

Â