Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

MOTM for sure. More than his contribution for both goals, which was much needed, I just love his ability to keep the ball. We play pretty deep and often seem happier counter-attacking, so a guy who can carry the ball forty or fifty yards away from danger and then win a free-kick or find a teammate is absolutely essential. 

We struggle without him because everything comes back at us too quickly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

I seem to be in the minority, but i thought he was poor, and lazy today. 

He has barely played in months. He was saving energy for when he had the ball and it worked when he burst forward to win the free kick.

He struggled today, was really lacking in energy.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I think he's quality.

He's definitely good enough to play in the PL.

He lacks so many fundamentals and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired far too often. 

He has a lot of ability, and it was fantastic play for the goal, but he was very poor outside of that, often taking the wrong option and was offside far too often. Very good player at this level of course but at a higher level he will get badly exposed for the most part.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Totally disagree, he lacks so many fundamentals and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired far too often. 

He has a lot of ability, and it was fantastic play for the goal, but he was very poor outside of that, often taking the wrong option and was offside far too often. Very good player at this level of course but at a higher level he will get badly exposed.

Agreed. Adomah was screaming for the ball in the incident that led to the winning free kick. We got away with it because of the stupid challenge 

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He lacks so many fundamentals and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired far too often. 

He has a lot of ability, and it was fantastic play for the goal, but he was very poor outside of that, often taking the wrong option and was offside far too often. Very good player at this level of course but at a higher level he will get badly exposed for the most part.

could you imagine how bad he would be if he had just spend a few months out with a serious injury!

On 9/19/2017 at 06:32, TheAuthority said:

Kodjia is definitely Premier league class. If we don't go up I could see him as a real asset to Everton or maybe Southampton.

I every way aside from his awareness and passing to team mates in the final third.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I every way aside from his awareness and passing to team mates in the final third.

The reason players are in this league is usually because they have flaws to their game....Kodjia is no exception.

However,  I love watching him despite his bits of poo.....He was instrumental in our win this evening.

great feet, elusive technical skills.....needs to improve his decision making and playing mates in......although the little threaded pass to Adomah for his goal.....defied this.

love him to bits.

• Like 1

Â