Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

He is full of swagger, it seems his confidence lifts the whole team.

Doesn't look like he came from a long term injury at all.

Who else was surprised when he passed the ball to the right when he had that opportunity 1 on 1 with the defender? lol

I was expecting a shot as always.

• Like 2

He is more than just goals.......his ball control and body swerves adds significantly to our hold up play.....a thouroughbred.

I think he is a cultured player....good footballer in the true sense.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Didn't see the game, was he in a front 2 or on the left?

It was a front 2 with Davis. Kodjia did drop a little deeper into a 10 role on occasion tho. It worked though. Some very good link up play. 

There was even an instance where Kodjia passed when there was a shot on!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right, this could just be me but...

On two occasions in the first half Kodjia had an opportunity to put Snodgrass in with a chance of getting behind Barnsley.

But on both occasions Kodjia played the ball to him rather than in front of him slowing the play just a fraction and the opening was gone. 

Being cynical it looked to me that all he was thinking about was a pass that would see him get on the end of a return through all rather than trying to play him in.

Did anyone else see it or is it just me and a cynical mind?

44 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

On two occasions in the first half Kodjia had an opportunity to put Snodgrass in with a chance of getting behind Barnsley.

But on both occasions Kodjia played the ball to him rather than in front of him slowing the play just a fraction and the opening was gone. 

Being cynical it looked to me that all he was thinking about was a pass that would see him get on the end of a return through all rather than trying to play him in.

Mmmm, i'd like to put it down to lack of game time/being rusty etc, but who knows?  You could be right or could be wrong.  However, i do think that him being on the pitch improved the confidence of the players and also allowed others around him more freedom.  Glad he's back though, as we are better for it. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I know one of the incidents you mean and the pass could definitely have been better.

But I do think you're being cynical by suggesting he was doing it for selfish reasons. I think it was just a poor ball.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Tbh I thought the same thing. But even if he played Snodgrass through he would want to get back on this left foot anyway so I don't think it cost us anything. 

Â