Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

26 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Great news if he can get up to speed in a few of these remaining friendlies!

May even see a goal too!

Maybe  too soon for the hull game but hopefully should be back before the end of August - we don't want to take any risks with him as he's key .

On 18/07/2017 at 07:27, villan-scott said:

Very odd, but in his Instagram all reference to Villa has gone. He's removed all pics and videos up until the start of his recovery workout vids a few weeks back, and his profile pic is from when he was at Bristol. 

His Twitter is all Villa still, just thought it strange everything Villa has gone from his Instagram. 

Hopefully nothing in it. 

Without him we would have got relegated last year, would break my heart if he went

• 3 weeks later...

I here all these stories of this player and that player is not doing it because of this that and the other.....setup, positioning etc, etc, etc.

They are playing in the wrong position and they did ok with their last club and so on and so on and so on.

How come this player Jonathan Kodjia has come in to a club with a Dinosaur manager and done the business.....looks the part and further more done it on a consistent basis.

We make too many excuses for too many players....they have the ability, attitude, will and hunger.....or they don't.

This player has and will not let Steve Bruce stand in his way....if of course that is a truism in the first place.

We need more like him.

Hurry up Back Kodj

Edited by TRO

I'd say its more to do with individual brilliance as he showed with many of his goals last season. And at times many on here were complaining that he's not a team player, even Bruce moaned about it in some interviews. It was odd when Bruce was picking him out wide, when his best position is obviously up top.. so Bruce has tried to nullify him but Kodjia is just too good. Excellent signing by RDM. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I'd say its more to do with individual brilliance as he showed with many of his goals last season. And at times many on here were complaining that he's not a team player, even Bruce moaned about it in some interviews. It was odd when Bruce was picking him out wide, when his best position is obviously up top.. so Bruce has tried to nullify him but Kodjia is just too good. Excellent signing by RDM. 

I don't think Bruce has tried to 'nullify' anyone, except the opposition. Without turning this in to the Bruce thread version 7.0, SB isn't some evil mastermind out to destroy Villa. He's a football manager trying to do his best get us promoted, I have no doubt in my mind that he's not done anything other than what he believes to be the right thing. Whether you think he's done the right thing or not is another matter, but I don't think he's tried to lose football games or nullify our top scorer.

Anyway, I can't wait for Kodjia to come back!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don't think Bruce has tried to 'nullify' anyone, except the opposition. Without turning this in to the Bruce thread version 7.0, SB isn't some evil mastermind out to destroy Villa. He's a football manager trying to do his best get us promoted, I have no doubt in my mind that he's not done anything other than what he believes to be the right thing. Whether you think he's done the right thing or not is another matter, but I don't think he's tried to lose football games or nullify our top scorer.

Anyway, I can't wait for Kodjia to come back!

You probably didn't realise but it was a tongue in cheek response to TRO, who it seems was having a little dig at some posters opinions.. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I here all these stories of this player and that player is not doing it because of this that and the other.....setup, positioning etc, etc, etc.

They are playing in the wrong position and they did ok with their last club and so on and so on and so on.

How come this player Jonathan Kodjia has come in to a club with a Dinosaur manager and done the business.....looks the part and further more done it on a consistent basis.

We make too many excuses for too many players....they have the ability, attitude, will and hunger.....or they don't.

This player has and will not let Steve Bruce stand in his way....if of course that is a truism in the first place.

We need more like him.

Hurry up Back Kodj

Agreed. Perhaps he just doesn't listen to Bruce, him being a dinosaur and all. I still think Jimmy and the team would benefit even more from him being slightly less egotistical. He just isn't going to promote us singlehandedly. He isn't quite Messi, yet.

On 8/7/2017 at 16:41, DCJonah said:

Hope the inevitable pressure on Bruce doesn't mean we rush him back too soon and he breaks down. 

He's important. Make sure we play him when he's truly fit, don't take chances. 

Hopefully the pressure is mostly in people's heads considering we've played one league game. What this world is coming to I don't know. 

It'd be a good thing not to poison the atmosphere until something bad actually happens. I've said it before but some people are conveniently forgetting where we were and how we'd been for the six years before Bruce turned up. 

And for perspective I'm no Bruce lover, but the atmosphere on this website is making me support him just for the sake of reason. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

Hopefully the pressure is mostly in people's heads considering we've played one league game. What this world is coming to I don't know. 

It'd be a good thing not to poison the atmosphere until something bad actually happens. I've said it before but some people are conveniently forgetting where we were and how we'd been for the six years before Bruce turned up. 

And for perspective I'm no Bruce lover, but the atmosphere on this website is making me support him just for the sake of reason. 

RDM was sacked after 11 games. I'm afraid there's no way the pressure is in people's head. 

I think everyone supports him, if he's still here at the end of the year it means we will have had a strong season and that's what everyone wants. 

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

RDM was sacked after 11 games. I'm afraid there's no way the pressure is in people's head. 

I think everyone supports him, if he's still here at the end of the year it means we will have had a strong season and that's what everyone wants. 

Yeah but RDM had us in the relegation zone having won one game in those 11. We've already won many more under Bruce. He came in and turned a very bad situation around. This keeps getting forgotten imo—the mess of a club he inherited, the six years of mess. Judging by the noises from people in the club I believe, personally, that they wouldn't be piling the pressure on Bruce after the first game of this season (which, isolated, isn't a bad result...we will have worse this season).

I haven't been positively impressed by our football under Bruce, bar a few moments (and we should have beaten Hull with our chances stacked up against their chance (s?)). But context is everything. The context of the last six years is huge. As is the context of us having won one game before he arrived and sitting in the relegation zone. It's the start of the season and I am 100% supporting him and the team because I think it's nuts to do otherwise. Having said that promotion is the only acceptable outcome this season, as we all agree. 

• Like 1

Â