Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

He was fairly awful today,  I've rarely seen a player get caught so unnecessarily offside so often, he needs to learn the offside rule, also that shot instead of squaring to Adomah ranks up there among the worst things I've seen from a Villa forward in memory. But by the same token, he was the difference today. Clearly an extremely important player for us but so damn frustrating at times.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was fairly awful today,  I've rarely seen a player get caught so unnecessarily offside so often, he needs to learn the offside rule, also that shot instead of squaring to Adomah ranks up there among the worst things I've seen from a Villa forward in memory. But by the same token, he was the difference today. Clearly an extremely important player for us but so damn frustrating at times.

I wandered why Bruce was going nuts I didn't see Adomah there as Steve Bruce was stood in the way! 

• Like 1

Yeah Bruce was going absolutely mental :crylaugh:

he was on the pitch

Terry gave Kodjia and earful too.

Kodjia is brilliant at this level, but that is definitely his weakness. He did it a few minutes earlier as well, although not in such a blatant scenario. He had a shot from an outrageous angle when he had men in the middle waiting for a ball.

We'll forgive him when he makes the difference though.

Won't pass, lazy, and doesn't understand the offside rule. He may score goals but the basics are why he is unlikely to ever be good enough for the PL.

46 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not a team player but makes us a better team.

In the current set up I'd agree, but i would like to see Davis and Hogan given a game or 2 together. I think their games compliment each other perfectly. 

I feel so sorry for Hogan, everytime he comes on its as a lone striker and he looks lost, because it isn't his game. I think he's a much better player than he looks in this set up and Davis could be the kid to get the best out of him. 

Apologises for going OT. 

15 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

He can do what he wants. We are the property of Kodjia!

He should have squared to Adomah no question, but I don't want him start passing everytime he gets the ball....it his tenacious runs what makes him so good for us.

I think he was just desperate for a goal today.

Now and then would be a start. 

27 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

He can do what he wants. We are the property of Kodjia!

He should have squared to Adomah no question, but I don't want him start passing everytime he gets the ball....it his tenacious runs what makes him so good for us.

I think he was just desperate for a goal today.

I also think he was desperate to get scoring so was being especially pig headed 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That lasted what 3 games? Now back to the kodjia who forgets he has 10 other team mates. His weakness is his decision making at times

He will get away with it at this level for the most part, he won't at a higher level, should he ever play there, let's hope he doesn't do this in the really big games in this league, e.g. against Leeds, Wolves etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He will get away with it at this level for the most part, he won't at a higher level, should he ever play there, let's hope he doesn't do this in the really big games in this league, e.g. against Leeds, Wolves etc.

Agreed. What i thought was really evident and surprising today was that Adomah didn't give him any pelters at all on a couple of occasions that he didn't pass, not least the big one. 

You would hope some of the more senior guys like Terry have a word at some point. 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah Bruce was going absolutely mental :crylaugh:

he was on the pitch

Terry gave Kodjia and earful too.

Kodjia is brilliant at this level, but that is definitely his weakness. He did it a few minutes earlier as well, although not in such a blatant scenario. He had a shot from an outrageous angle when he had men in the middle waiting for a ball.

We'll forgive him when he makes the difference though.

Was that actually a shot? It looked to me like he was trying to hit the ball hard across the box and just hit it completely wrong. He didn't seem to shape as if to shoot. That may be me giving him the benefit of the doubt though and I haven't seen any replays of it.

His decision making can be very poor at times though (as seen with the Adomah one). He seemed to take the ball forwards as if he was going to pass it so narrowed his own angle and then still took the shot on. One of the worst pieces of play I've ever seen at Villa and then he goes and wins a penalty from nothing from the corner.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

Was that actually a shot? It looked to me like he was trying to hit the ball hard across the box and just hit it completely wrong. He didn't seem to shape as if to shoot. That may be me giving him the benefit of the doubt though and I haven't seen any replays of it.

100% a shot mate. Shocking decision. 

Â