Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

The reason players are in this league is usually because they have flaws to their game....Kodjia is no exception.

However,  I love watching him despite his bits of poo.....He was instrumental in our win this evening.

great feet, elusive technical skills.....needs to improve his decision making and playing mates in......although the little threaded pass to Adomah for his goal.....defied this.

love him to bits.

Agreed totally.

It's also partially frustrating because you can see just how good he really could be.

Well, hopefully if we get promoted, he works hard to get that part of his game on point.

Might be too late at his age but you never know.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jareth said:

Seems quite happy having Davis ahead of him and is causing a lot of trouble between midfield and attack - lovely skill but how greedy and selfish of him to set up the first and then win the freekick for the second. 

I get the sarcasm... but his run to win the freekick was him being greedy ;)

26 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I get the sarcasm... but his run to win the freekick was him being greedy ;)

Well I see what you mean but from where he started, and the trouble he caused by running at them, if Onomah had done it we'd be calling him the next Delph (not the snakey Delph).

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

Didn't know he had passes like that in his locker. Hopefully him & Hogan can get on the scoresheet in our next two fixtures.

Once again, I would absolutely love to see a front three Of Davis, with Kodjia and Hogan either side once.

I think that could be immense.

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Once again, I would absolutely love to see a front three Of Davis, with Kodjia and Hogan either side once.

With that you lose width or you push two players who shouldn't be wide out wide. 

I don't think it would work. 

Just watching Davis' opening goal again. In the lead up Kodjia had the ball 20 yards out dummied a shot, worked the ball, turned down another shot that was on and then worked the ball out wide for Elmo to put in a lovely ball.

Coupled with the assist for Adomah against Forest. Kodjia 2.0 has arrived.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Just watching Davis' opening goal again. In the lead up Kodjia had the ball 20 yards out dummied a shot, worked the ball, turned down another shot that was on and then worked the ball out wide for Elmo to put in a lovely ball.

do you know what......He is not scoring, but playing better than ever......He is a class act

The goals will come soon.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

1 hour ago, TRO said:

do you know what......He is not scoring, but playing better than ever......He is a class act

The goals will come soon.

Agreed, last season, the second dummy would have been a wild shot.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2017 at 12:10, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

maybe when we are flying and consolidated at the top

4-3-3 at Home......mouthwatering

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Playing like a no.10 role and think it suits him at moment

Last season he had to do a lot on his own, now we have attacking options and he is less selfish on the ball :)

That was always my biggest gripe with Kodjia, though he scored a lot of goals I'm always wound up by players that simply won't pass the ball. 

If he has worked on that aspect of his game, and the early signs look good, I'd be delighted. 

Has been excellent since he came back. I think Saturday is a great chance for him to get off the mark for the season. If he can start banging in the goals like last year we'll be a real force to reckon with given the improvement of the squad around him.

On 24/09/2017 at 15:04, villarocker said:

JK is absolute quality and the most skilful player we have had since Benteke. Imagine those two up front together?

For once I have to disagree with you.

Beneteke is finished and won't amass to anything after Palace.. he will prob move to Westham at best and join the long line of has been strikers to have graced that team over the years, Carlton Cole, Andy Carroll etc.

Â