Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Yeah it sucks but we cant rely on the one player. Teams get you up not indivdual players.

We definitely need to get a loan striker in as 4 weeks is still speculating could be longer and also he has to rebuild his fitness which is more time

• 2 weeks later...

This is a bit of a double edged sword for me!

The emergence of Davis has redefined what we need from our forward(s)

The team is stronger than last year and we need to take advantage of that, which means attacking as a unit.

Can Kodge learn bring others into play?

I fear his reintroduction may actually harm the team, hope Im wrong though!

Edited by Nigel
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

This is a bit of a double edged sword for me!

The emergence of Davis has redefined what we need from our forward(s)

The team is stronger than last year and we need to take advantage of that, which means attacking as a unit.

Can Kodge learn bring others into play?

I fear his reintroduction may actually harm the team, hope Im wrong though!

We've been really toothless without him.

It's great Davis is coming through but we need Kodjia's unpredictability in the final third and consistant goalscoring.

Talk if he gets through the under 23 game he'll be on the bench for Boro.

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We've been really toothless without him.

It's great Davis is coming through but we need Kodjia's unpredictability in the final third and consistant goalscoring.

Talk if he gets through the under 23 game he'll be on the bench for Boro.

9 goals in 3 games is not toothless.  It took us a while to find our feet but we are a better team now!

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

9 goals in 3 games is not toothless.  It took us a while to find our feet but we are a better team now!

Putting the cup game to one side  as it was Wigan reserves. Its one game in which we haven't looked toothless without Kodjia really 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Putting the cup game to one side  as it was Wigan reserves. Its one game in which we haven't looked toothless without Kodjia really 

Why would you put the cup game to one side? It was still our team.

51 minutes ago, PaulC said:

And it was our 2nd string too, so its not like it was the usual players Bruce works with. It annoys me somewhat that Bruce and Wyness have been saying what a good week it was before the international break. To me the Norwich game is the only game we have looked any good this season, the 2 cup games have kind of hidden how bad a start to the season its been. 

Watching the Bruce prematch conference I was fuming when he said apart from 45 minutes against Cardiff we have had a fine start... no we most certainly havent!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Junxs said:

And it was our 2nd string too, so its not like it was the usual players Bruce works with. It annoys me somewhat that Bruce and Wyness have been saying what a good week it was before the international break. To me the Norwich game is the only game we have looked any good this season, the 2 cup games have kind of hidden how bad a start to the season its been. 

Watching the Bruce prematch conference I was fuming when he said apart from 45 minutes against Cardiff we have had a fine start... no we most certainly havent!!

The Wigan game cant be discounted, it was still our squad and showed some other options we have in it.

Yes the 3 opening league games were poor, the hiding from that, but we have been fine since.  

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The Wigan game cant be discounted, it was still our squad and showed some other options we have in it.

Yes the 3 opening league games were poor, the hiding from that, but we have been fine since.  

Yes you are right, but had they been up against a better side rather than league 1 2nd string I doubt we would have put 4 past them.. I agree that it showed some good options but at the same time had we lost that game then I wouldnt have used it as a stick to beat Bruce with as much as I'm not singing his praises for it. But Bruce using that to try and hide the deficiencies of his usual performances (bar the Norwich game) is annoying, thats all I'm saying.

As for Kodjia, we need him back badly - if you look at Bruce's record without Kodjia its not only relegation standard but straight bottom of the table standard.  

• Like 1

Â