Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

32 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not in a million years mate - in fact every chance kodija will go on to score more goals for villa than yorke ever did in far less games .

you seem to think of yorke as some sort of pele by that description .

He probably will have a better strike record than Yorke but don't forget Yorke played as a winger for a number of years. It was Little who gave him his chance up front and that is when he really blossomed (45 in 89 games) then 16 in his last full season when he was deployed in a deeper role. He was sensational in those 3 seasons.

As for Kodija, I really like him and think he has the potential to be a very good player :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yorke is the best striker I have ever seen in a Villa shirt by a country mile (watching from late 80's)

I think he was genuinely world class at Villa but as we're not a fashionable team, he was often overlooked. I still maintain he was better for us than he was at Man Utd as he was the focal point of everything at Villa. He could do everything. 

Good yes but not in the world class bracket for me -  Maybe I have let his departure sway me a bit as I still remember that opening day at Everton when he wanted out .

i liked Dwight as a player .

16 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

So since the 90's our best strikers have been...

Yorke

Benteke

Angel

Carew

Gabby

Ayew 

Kodjia?

Ayew? Probably not in top 20!

Yorke then Benteke... then a long way back to the following (in no particular order) Angel, Saunders, Atkinson, Dublin, Savo, Carew

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Good yes but not in the world class bracket for me -  Maybe I have let his departure sway me a bit as I still remember that opening day at Everton when he wanted out .

i liked Dwight as a player .

Oh yeah, he's a shithouse of a person! :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Was Yorke really that good tho? I mean at a United he was great but only remember him having 1 truly outstanding season and then we sold him.

He wasn't a regular under Atkinson and from memory was often played as a wide-man. Under Little he had two very good seasons when played up front. Top player imo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He wasn't a regular under Atkinson and from memory was often played as a wide-man. Under Little he had two very good seasons when played up front. Top player imo.

Me too....Yorke was underrated IMO.

Kodjia isn't as good as Dwight Yorke and never will be, but I think @One For The Road went too far the other way by calling him 'bang average'. He's clearly not that. 

15-20 goals for a bang average side that don't score goals is better than a bang average return. He has scored some absolute pearlers too. 

• Like 2

Â