The Championship thread

TrentVilla

To the best of my knowledge, there is no capacity restriction at all to be in the PL. 

To be allowed in to the EFL, you need at least a capacity of 5000 (or to work towards it within a couple of seasons, I think), so in theory you could end up with a 5,000 seater stadium in the PL, the stadium requirements in the PL handbook are limited to lots of quite specific detail for requirements of the facilities and infrastructure, but when it comes to capacity, it's just about no standing terraces, the majority of the seating being covered, and that's about it. No requirements on numbers of seats.

26 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Luton’s stadium is mental, I’ve not been there myself but I know to access various parts of it the entrances are underneath and in between residential housing, proper old school stadium.

It might be from the past but I heard its dodgy for away fans as they have a dodgy hooligan element

• Like 1

i really hope Forest get promoted via the playoffs (or autos if they are lucky).

Tbh tho, i can really see Sheff Utd coming back up through the playoffs, which would be a pity.

If scorelines stay as they are then Forest will be just three points off Bournemouth in second place, and they still have to play Bournemouth, whilst also having better goal difference, so automatic promotion would virtually be in their own hands. Long way to go in the game tonight though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

If scorelines stay as they are then Forest will be just three points off Bournemouth in second place, and they still have to play Bournemouth, whilst also having better goal difference, so automatic promotion would virtually be in their own hands. Long way to go in the game tonight though.

Would love to see them get automatic promotion,  and any other team but Bournemouth through playoffs 

1 hour ago, useless said:

I just saw they still have to play each other...I'll defo tune in for that...could be very tasty.

Bournemouth have come from three goals down to draw level with Swansea, so no longer in Forest's hands, but still in a good position if they can hang on and win themselves.

Edit the above about it no longer being Forest's hands isn't true, I made a mistake.

Edited by useless

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Bournemouth have come from three goals down to draw level with Swansea, so no longer in Forest's hands, but still in a good position if they can hang on and win themselves.

It’s in Forest’s hands, they have to beat Bournemouth anyway so will be then at least +2 GD on them. Even if they were level on GD, it’s still in their own hands to score more goals.

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Gap is three points with identical GD. It’s still in Forest’s hands, really. 

• Like 1

Yes I was just going to say I made a mistake earlier, when Bournemouth were losing Forest were two points off them not three, so what I wrote still stands even given that Swansea came back to get a draw.

• Like 2

Championship table since Steve Cooper took the Forest job.  

A5F2EB58-D9ED-42D4-BB00-7616A18A14F3.jpeg

Excluding points deductions to Derby/Reading they were bottom (P8 W1 D1 L6) when he took over.  

Bournemouth play Forest next week. What a huge game that will be. 

1C799749-E932-4BC7-96D3-2E9AF210D74D.jpeg

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 2

Â