The Championship thread

TrentVilla

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Just seen it was the first time in their 110 year history that Swansea have fine the double over Cardiff 

Its a derby that isnt played that often just over 70 games. for the record it seems Cardiff have only done the double once 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Come on forest! I qould absolutely love ut of they came up

Forest got SHA at home on Saturday, Bournemouth away to Sheffield in early game.

Bournemouth lose again and gap could be down to 5 points. Regardless of games in hand there's a chance for Forest here with the momentum they have.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Forest got SHA at home on Saturday, Bournemouth away to Sheffield in early game.

Bournemouth lose again and gap could be down to 5 points. Regardless of games in hand there's a chance for Forest here with the momentum they have.

You just now those unwashsd losers are gonna get something from it and make me dislike them even more

Any predictions on here about the play-offs?

I'm guessing Huddersfield and Forest are now pretty safe bets, after a quick look on the remaining matches I'll go with Sheffield and Blackburn for the other 2 spots.

Forest can win the promotion for me, the others have had recent stints in the PL, so I'm good with other teams having a go. Also, it would add to the value of Davis, maybe an extended loan with them next year in the PL.

• Like 1

Forest can still catch Bournemouth and qualify automatically, they're only six points behind with seven games to play and one of those games is against Bournemouth with Bournemouth also still having to play Fulham.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

played less seasons in the top flight than blues, west brom and stoke

but won the Champions League (or its equivalent) twice, i see your point but Forest historically were always seen as a top flight club, but granted that right is earned, not given.

2 hours ago, AXD said:

Any predictions on here about the play-offs?

I'm guessing Huddersfield and Forest are now pretty safe bets, after a quick look on the remaining matches I'll go with Sheffield and Blackburn for the other 2 spots.

Forest can win the promotion for me, the others have had recent stints in the PL, so I'm good with other teams having a go. Also, it would add to the value of Davis, maybe an extended loan with them next year in the PL.

Tough to call on the playoffs - you'd imagine Huddersfield probably won't be caught/drop enough points from their current position and will be in there.  Forest certainly carrying the form and I'd be surprised if they missed out now (could even push automatics).

I reckon...

Forest 3rd
Huddersfield 4th
Sheff Utd 5th
Middlesbrough 6th

Blackburn's form has dropped off a cliff at completely the wrong time and it looks like Luton are struggling a bit at the moment too.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe in PL era but historically before that they havent. 

No historically they have. Forest 56 seasons, blues 57 seasons, Burnley 59, Stoke 62, Blackburn 72, west brom 82

Forest are 23rd in the all time table

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like teams that come up that can actually do something in the league...for us 19/20 was a massive struggle but at least since then we've kicked on to mid table and had some good wins.

Was happy Brentford came up last season and they've certainly created a buzz in the league.

Watching Forest play in the FA cup shows they could do something. Won v Arsenal, smashed Leicester and had plenty of chances at 0-0 v a decent Liverpool 11 so would be more interesting coming up than say Huddersfield who'd just scrap it out with Bournemouth to finish 20th.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

No historically they have. Forest 56 seasons, blues 57 seasons, Burnley 59, Stoke 62, Blackburn 72, west brom 82

Forest are 23rd in the all time table

West Brom not far off 100 top flight seasons surprises me greatly, where are Wolves in the all time top flight list?

Guess WBA were mainstays in the 1880s-1920s period.

Watched a replay of Forest Vs Derby Co and the ref was pathetic.I dont understand why he is still a ref.Forest had 2 clear penalties completely ignored while Derby got a dubious penalty.FFS.The ref might as well have have worn a Derby shirt.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I like teams that come up that can actually do something in the league...for us 19/20 was a massive struggle but at least since then we've kicked on to mid table and had some good wins.

Was happy Brentford came up last season and they've certainly created a buzz in the league.

Watching Forest play in the FA cup shows they could do something. Won v Arsenal, smashed Leicester and had plenty of chances at 0-0 v a decent Liverpool 11 so would be more interesting coming up than say Huddersfield who'd just scrap it out with Bournemouth to finish 20th.

Spending the thick part of £200m probably helps with that.

There are no clubs coming up who are lucky enough to be in the position we were.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

West Brom not far off 100 top flight seasons surprises me greatly, where are Wolves in the all time top flight list?

Guess WBA were mainstays in the 1880s-1920s period.

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/england_footy/football-league/seasons-in-top-flight/

Here you go.

The problem with the whole "OMG most seasons" is the historic nature of a lot of them.  As I said before, in my lifetime, Forest are a more prominent club than Blues/Stoke/West Brom.

51 minutes ago, bobzy said:

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/england_footy/football-league/seasons-in-top-flight/

Here you go.

The problem with the whole "OMG most seasons" is the historic nature of a lot of them.  As I said before, in my lifetime, Forest are a more prominent club than Blues/Stoke/West Brom.

Maybe depends on your age. Stoke and West Brom were up for about 10 seasons each recently. 

23 years since Forest last up and think 8 seasons since I was alive. The Clough years made up about 40% of the time they were up 

Edited by Zatman

Â