The Championship thread

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Should be a cracking match tonight, far more interesting than the Liverpool game for me

Yep its going to be a epic game. I cant wait. Whoever wins goes up in my opinion

Edited by Demitri_C

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Should be a cracking match tonight, far more interesting than the Liverpool game for me

it's a huge game, but the onus very much is on forest to attack. a point for bournemouth is OK tonight. i'm not expecting a goalfest

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It's all well and good having a mid table season but man do I miss having these types of games to look forward to. Whether it was in our Championship promotion challenging days or 19/20.

Ffs didnt know this bloody game kicked off at 7pm??

Its usually 7 45??

Gotta say the atmosphere is bloody poor considering whats at stake. If this was at forest the place would be bouncing

Edited by Demitri_C

Bournemouth have been much the better side this second half. Been disappointed in Forest and the complete lack of change from Cooper when they were struggling so much.

Good advert for stopping the clock in game as well. Barely been any football played in the last 15 mins. 

• Like 1

Forest were dreadful second half and truth be told weren't that great first half besides a few chances created, could barely string more than a few passes together, too many hit and hope long balls,  not sure if it's how they normally play, but reminded me of watching Barnsley at the end of last season when Ismaël was their manager, haven't watched them much this season but wasn't expecting that from them.

Davis would have made a big difference, as at least he would have helped them keep possession high up the pitch and helped them to bring their other attackers into play, one positive of this result is that at least it means it might not be the end of his season, hopefully will be back to play some part in the play-offs.

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can't stand Bournemouth, nothing club who cheated FFP to climb the football pyramid. Hope they go straight back down. The town is lovely though.

FFP is a sham. It is good for English football if a league 2/non league club can go up the ladder and become better over the years. I hate the super league mentality. I would have preferred Forest in all honesty, but I don't think Bournemouth are that dislikeable or have done anything wrong. If you have somebody willing to invest in your club and make it better - there's nothing wrong with that imo, it should be championed not punished. Competition is brilliant.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

FFP is a sham. It is good for English football if a league 2/non league club can go up the ladder and become better over the years. I hate the super league mentality. I would have preferred Forest in all honesty, but I don't think Bournemouth are that dislikeable or have done anything wrong. If you have somebody willing to invest in your club and make it better - there's nothing wrong with that imo, it should be championed not punished. Competition is brilliant.

They made a staggering £38m million loss in their original promotion year - far beyond the permitted £6m loss figure at the time. They were only fined £4.75m though - most of that figure was on wages (£30.4m) - the very definition of an unfair advantage for a club of their size.

FFP is a sham indeed, I agree. It just leaves a bitter pill when the promoted club gets away with such a tiny fine in the end.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

They made a staggering £38m million loss in their original promotion year - far beyond the permitted £6m loss figure at the time. They were only fined £4.75m though - most of that figure was on wages (£30.4m) - the very definition of an unfair advantage for a club of their size.

FFP is a sham indeed, I agree. It just leaves a bitter pill when the promoted club gets away with such a tiny fine in the end.

I am not fully aware or knowledgeable about Bournemouth's FFP breach, but I think Leicester broke the rules too (I cannot remember all the details). I think this was in the early phases of FFP? Bournemouth may have argued they haven't had much of a chance to adapt to the rules and reduce losses. God knows.

FFP has caused so many problems too, a cocktail of jealousy and excuses. Bury going out of business while having FFP - proves the system fails to protect clubs from bad ownership. Mel Morris at Derby would have been considered a good owner pre-FFP,  local and wealthy. All the clubs begging for punishment on clubs for not complying with the rules. Points deductions spoiling the competition and only punishing supporters. Does it make football clubs less likely to attract good owners too? 

FFP has made football uglier and more political. It isn't for me. Don't get me wrong there should be financial controls in football. But I do not believe it has made a positive difference to football or the wider competition, but maybe I am only seeing the bad?

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Are we really club to be complaining? We've been overpaying for players for nearly 2 decades with no return.

We spent 45m on a strike force that didn't even get us out the Champiosnhip.

I think it’s more the narrative. Bournemouth, against all the odds, the little club that could.

Our promotion isn’t romanticised outside of the club. I wouldn’t expect it to be.

Fwiw, while his role was more peripheral by the end, Kodija did contribute to promotion, certainly a lot more than the two other waste of money strikers we bought.

• Like 1

Â