The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Huddersfield has got to be there,surely.They only missed out on promotion because of bad refereeing.The ref for that game should be shot.No,i dont have a soft spot for Huddersfield,I just think they were robbed.

• 1 month later...

Really really enjoying league this year, certainly isn't a Fulham or Newcastle in there who's going to shoot 95-100 points.

Preston could be up there if they got Archer back off us, not sure how many teams outside of premier league have started with 5 clean sheets before so they're the complete opposite of Swansea.

Think my pre season favourites to win the league were Boro so of course they're in the bottom 3 and winless.

"That's the championship for you."😉

20 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I heard a few predictions of Reading to go down. Their finances are a mess. If they could comfortably stay up they're doing well.

Not sure what happened with it but someone posted their out of contractist around May and it left them with like 8 senior players

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Really really enjoying league this year, certainly isn't a Fulham or Newcastle in there who's going to shoot 95-100 points.

Preston could be up there if they got Archer back off us, not sure how many teams outside of premier league have started with 5 clean sheets before so they're the complete opposite of Swansea.

Think my pre season favourites to win the league were Boro so of course they're in the bottom 3 and winless.

"That's the championship for you."😉

0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 0-0, 0-0.

Wow.

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Scintillating stuff :crylaugh:

It looks like Pulis is managing them but they've actually played well in most of those games, Watford keeper made three top saves and they hit the bar twice in one of the other 0-0 games.

Archer was turning those games into 1-0 wins last season so shows how good he is at championship level.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Neil in talks for the Stoke job. Would that be a climb down from his current role at Sunderland? Do they still have any money left from the premier league years?

Think still owned by the Bet365 family, but I think unless Sunderland got more nutty owners they are the safer bet

19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I thought O'Neill would have done a better job at Stoke. Them and Middlesborough have done nothing since they got relegated  which is quite impressive given how much the parachute payments is an advantage compared to the rest of the teams.

Baggies too will be a few years from returning. For how shit it must be at least Norwich have a plan, Watford seem similar

Â