The Championship thread

TrentVilla

I really can't be doing with cov coming up. They'd be the new sha in so much as they think we're bothered about them as rivals.

Nah.....let's have forest up. Be a nice change. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Around nine to eleven games left, the play offs are quite close to call. Four points separate 4th and 11th with a game in hand here and there.

Fulham and Bournemouth will probably finishing in the automatic positions. Huddersfield I would guess will take one of the play off spots. After that, it becomes a bit trickier to predict. I hope Forest make it, but they seem to win most weeks without really finding themselves in the top six.

They've played quite a few of the sides up there in the past few weeks so I imagine their run-in may be quite decent.

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They've played quite a few of the sides up there in the past few weeks so I imagine their run-in may be quite decent.

Just had look, there’s a few they would be favourites for. They still have Fulham and Bournemouth (they might both be promoted by the time they play, which I would imagine help). And they have Coventry and Luton still to play. Pick up four points from those two and I’d be shocked if they missed out.

However I thought they were nailed on for the play offs a couple of years ago but they had other ideas for their last six games. 

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Be nice to see a stadium like Kenilworth Road  in the Premier League, a proper dump but has a bit of character.

Nah just a dump for me!

• Like 2

Need to see Bournemouth's run in but I still reckon they'll bottle automatic promotion.

Don't rate Parker as a manager whatsoever.

Be nice if a Forest or Blackburn could hit form like we did in 2019 and win 7-8 straight as both coming up would be interesting promotions at least rather than the recycled ones we're getting.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Need to see Bournemouth's run in but I still reckon they'll bottle automatic promotion.

Don't rate Parker as a manager whatsoever.

Be nice if a Forest or Blackburn could hit form like we did in 2019 and win 7-8 straight as both coming up would be interesting promotions at least rather than the recycled ones we're getting.

3 point lead, a superior goal difference and 2 games in hand over the rest

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

3 point lead, a superior goal difference and 2 games in hand over the rest

In last few weeks they've had endless home games. Were losing to Stoke until they had someone sent off and even then took last minute goal to win. Have drawn 1-1 v Peterborough and Reading who'll both probably go down.

I think if they play a few teams chasing top 6 in next few weeks they could easily be reeled in.

Just checked and they've got Huddersfield away next, West Brom away who've just beaten Fulham and Sheffield United away in next four. Also got Fulham and Forest at home and Blackburn away before season is out. 

I don't think they'll get to 85 points which is usually marker for top 2.

Huddersfield got an easier run in full of mid table teams but that would be another boring promotion given they were in prem a few years back.

Blackburn got a decent run in so perhaps if they get Brereton Diaz fit in April they could yet put a run together.

Edited by VillaChris

8 hours ago, AXD said:

Only 6 points between 3rd and 10th with 8-9 games to go. It's going to be a tight race for the play-offs.

Great league for the excitement of it all shame they deduct points every season  so the relegation race is not as exciting as the promotion one.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Shaping up to be a close finish for the play offs.

If the season was a few games longer, I would back Forest to catch up to Bournemouth, they’re absolutely flying at the moment. As it is, I think Bournemouth have probably done enough for an automatic position.

Could be interesting seeing a sixth place battle between Sheffield United and Wilder over at Boro (Blades are two points ahead, having played one game more). 

Â