Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Good chat from Jedinak today.    You can actualy feel the fear in Danny Murphy voice and no Villa bashing today 😛 

Jim White on the other hand likes to name drop as much as possible

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just watched that interview. Comes across as a good bloke and it's good to see we're keeping tabs on all of our loaned out players.  Hope he sticks around.

How say though, they do love banging on about net spend don't they!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Need a new loan manager then.

Thought he did a really good job getting our good young players out to decent championship sides compared to how we used to give them experience e.g. O'Hare so big improvement in that department.

Jedinak wasn't the loans manager, Adam Henshall is the guy who sorts out all the loans, Jedinak was more of a mentor to the loan players, someone to give them advice, but it's Henshall who arranges the loans in the first place.

I suspect Conor Hourihane will take Jedinak's place as loan development coach.

On 09/06/2023 at 17:31, useless said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a similar role to Jedinek as a mentor for loan players, Jedinek himself started off coaching our U16s (he might still do) which I imagine helped him build up a rapport with some of the players helping him in his future role mentoring some of them whilst out on loan, Hourihane could do go on a similar path perhaps.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Wonder if that was why Lange was at Spurs yesterday?

Disappointed to see him leave, but his plan is to be a manager one day.

The pathway to that would have halted at Villa with Emery and his team coming in, so not a surprise that he has made the move, especially with Ange now at Spurs and working with him previously as a player and captain of Australia.

Wish him the best.

• Like 1

Good move for him and wish him well. Be interesting at Spurs next season but Ange seems a good bloke too so hope they're all given time if the results are poor, which I suspect they might be to begin with. 

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Strange appointment for Spurs.

I like Miles but you would’ve expected new manager to want his own people from before and someone with experience.

Maybe it’s a telling sign.

Ange doesn’t take his own people with him, he believes he can work with the coaching staff at the club. Dies the same at every club, but will bring in someone who he can work with and big on educating coaches, so good fit for Mille.

Good move for him, imagine he knows postecoglu as there is obviously the international connection there and also a step up in responsibility for him. 

Was also London based for many years at palace so I imagine he has some property there still and was settled 

Â