Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

• 3 months later...

My favourite memory is the Villa 2 Blues 0. Not the Hourihane goal or the Adomah. It was watching Jedi over and over again clear out every Blues player and win everything serially. Over and over and over and over again. It was majestic. I am not sure how repelling long balls with your head could be majestic...but he did it that day 

• Like 4

• 8 months later...
1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Whats that mean? 

He looks after the kids that we've sent out on loan to make sure that their training and performances are still decent etc could mean that we intend to send out more next season, putting the infrastructure in place now

Or he has a full time job shouting at Ross Barkley for playing shit? 😉

Definitely hope giving Ross a kick in the arse is part of the remit, but I suspect it's just your first bit.  It does suggest an expansion of outward loans, which makes sense given the rate at which the reserve side is churning out genuine talent now which will soon outgrow the PL2 competition :) 

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Definitely hope giving Ross a kick in the arse is part of the remit, but I suspect it's just your first bit.  It does suggest an expansion of outward loans, which makes sense given the rate at which the reserve side is churning out genuine talent now which will soon outgrow the PL2 competition :) 

My opinion is he will be visiting loan players, making sure they are happy and doing well with training, games and the like. Also, could be someone who finds the best clubs for these loan players but mainly looks after them when they are there.

It's inportant role in my opinion and having a genuine model professional in the role will hopefully provide these youngsters with someone to look up to and admire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

My opinion is he will be visiting loan players, making sure they are happy and doing well with training, games and the like. Also, could be someone who finds the best clubs for these loan players but mainly looks after them when they are there.

It's inportant role in my opinion and having a genuine model professional in the role will hopefully provide these youngsters with someone to look up to and admire.

Yep I agree with all of that. I just think the fact this is a brand new role suggests we may be doing more loaning out than we have previously, and it coincides with the increased investment in the junior side that we've seen in the last year.

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

That's what I expect 

I'm also sure we've already got someone in that role so we're expanding it 

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yep I agree with all of that. I just think the fact this is a brand new role suggests we may be doing more loaning out than we have previously, and it coincides with the increased investment in the junior side that we've seen in the last year.

Yep. Which would be the exact correct thing to do.

Â