Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

He's perfect for gently suggesting to the coaching staff at another team that a player out on loan to them might be better suited to a defensive midfield role than to a central defensive one.

I think it probably suggests as well that we might be looking to extend our loans system further afield in the next year or so to teams on the continent.

• Like 1

Joleon Lescott is the loan manager at Man City, Carlo Cudicini and Eddie Newton have been loan managers at Chelsea, Paul Terry is loan manager at West Brom, Olofinjana has the same job at Wolves. I guess it's good for the youngsters to know that they've got someone who's achieved what they're hoping to achieve looking out for them and making sure that everything's going okay, presumably offering advice.

Jedinak's getting all the headlines, but seems like Adam Henshall as the club’s new Head of Emerging Talents & Loans, is the senior appointment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Seems an odd role for an ex player to go into. 
Wish him well

I think easier for a young player to talk to Jedinak who has played the game if having any issues instead of an administrator. 

I think its nice to give positions to ex players if they are capable

Welcome back Mile! You're more than welcome to impart your knowledge, approach and commitment on all our youth players. A bit of coaching in the ways of beard management wouldn't go amiss either, when they're old enough grow one.

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think easier for a young player to talk to Jedinak who has played the game if having any issues instead of an administrator. 

I think its nice to give positions to ex players if they are capable

You think it's easier to talk to this than some lad in a suit?😂

Mile Jedinak Hawthorns Aston Villa West Brom Penalty | Villa Underground

In all seriousness though, you're right, it will be much more beneficial for the players to talk to someone who's been through it.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

Remember when steve bruce thought milé was a centre half? What a cabbage headed plonker. 

Right there is no need for such disrespect, Cabbage would of surfficed.

So what does his title says to me is that any loan players before who had a serious lack of on field balls and found it tough to play with heart, Jedinak will be the man that instills such bollox in players like DrinkWater could of had for us or even the now on Loan player Barkley.

Beware Barkley You are now the Padawon and you have a Jedi trainer watching your performances, expect this tough cookie to sort you out..

Seriously it just sounds like he's going to train Loan players or is it more than that???

Forever a Villa legend for the look he gave the Albion fans after scoring a penalty in the playoff semi final 

edit: just watched that shoot out again and Steers penalty saves would have had to have been retaken if there was VAR.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's a beautiful human being with great character.

Glad to have him back in the setup.

Thought you was doing some beard pervin then, maybe looking to comb his hair for him 😂.

I don't think Jedinak will have much involvement with the players we might loan in to the senior side, his role seemingly is more about helping the youngsters we're loaning out. I'm guessin Henshall will be the one using his contacts to try and find them a suitable club, and Jedinak will the one advising them on the playing side of things and checking up on them making sure everything's going okay, he's worked as a coach in our academy so some of the youth players will already know.

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Very happy with this!

It deserves a repost of my artwork from 2016 when he signed the first time:

milemindre.jpg

Who is this is it ObiWon Jedobi??

• Haha 1

Good luck to Mile.

About time we had a loan manager really as our record in last decade isn't great, not just the clubs we loan the young lads out to but the timing we do it. Always think we leave it way too late for most of them like O'Hare and that also denies us getting some money for them and they just go on frees or development moves.

Liverpool game showed we have a really promising crop of youngsters again so vital we manage their development properly over next two years rather than just sending them to Carlisle when they're about 20 with 2 senior games behind them.

• Like 1

Â