Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

You might be right, i need to watch it back again.

sorry, you are right....free kick from John....my mistake.

I watched it back too.  He launched a massive defensive header that saw Adomah clattered from behind by Jenkinson (should've been a second yellow) and that was the free kick we scored from - so to a certain extent it supports the point you were making overall.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I was speaking to someone at work today, a Coventry fan, who watched yesterdays game and he commented that the guy with the beard alongside Terry at the back played well. I had to tell him that Jedi in fact played defensive midfield. I could see why he got that impression though as Jedinak hardly crossed the half way line. It was a masterstroke restricting him so much and a masterful performance by Jedinak as by him sitting in front of the back four and being so disciplined it gave Grealish, Hourihane and the wide players the freedom to attack.

Jedinak's performance was arguably the most significant in why we were so untroubled and won so comfortably yesterday.

Spot on Mark.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I watched it back too.  He launched a massive defensive header that saw Adomah clattered from behind by Jenkinson (should've been a second yellow) and that was the free kick we scored from - so to a certain extent it supports the point you were making overall.

I think thats the bit i got confused with.....old age creeping on:)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not sure that's right Tro.

Second goal, we played a long free kick into their area, their defender headed it 25 yards out where hourihane picked it up and volleyed it in.

Apols for being pedantic

No, you are right....I responded to Nurembergvillan on the same point. I have corrected my original post, thanks.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

So glad we've put Jedinak back in as first choice defensive midfielder so we can watch him win headers and lump the ball long. 

Whilst watching players run past him 

he just gave up at the end , don’t think he’s got the legs for 2 games in a week 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

So glad we've put Jedinak back in as first choice defensive midfielder so we can watch him win headers and lump the ball long. 

Yep. 

Has a role in games like blues but he is not suited to games like tonight. 

• Like 1

He was pretty dreadful for about 65 minutes and I'm big enough to admit I owe @srsmithusa an apology. The moment he simply shoved a player to the floor was embarrassing and he should have been booked for it. 

Weirdly he seemed to get better as the game went on. His passing stopped being quite so wayward and he won more headers. But overall not good enough today. 

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He was pretty dreadful for about 65 minutes and I'm big enough to admit I owe @srsmithusa an apology. The moment he simply shoved a player to the floor was embarrassing and he should have been booked for it. 

Weirdly he seemed to get better as the game went on. His passing stopped being quite so wayward and he won more headers. But overall not good enough today. 

Bah, nonsense.  We had differing opinions

however I posted in reactions thread I could only see the second half. But in the second half frequently when Jedi committed a foul, he appeared to point and angrily yell at the bench.  What was that about?

• 3 weeks later...
Â