Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Jedi is great in the air but his timing is outstanding. The amount of tackles he won on the ground yesterday was immense. Jack was incredible yesterday but Jedi was my motm. Him, Terry, Chester and Hutton beat Blues at their game and allowed Jack to rip them apart.

Mile is better than Thor but I think we need to use both of them in the run in. Jedinak should always be first option though.

as you say....Horses for Courses.

its been years since we was able to do this.:)

23 hours ago, Jareth said:

The thing about Jedi is that including him might seem defensive but it nearly always works out. If he's fit he plays. 

Well, it depends on how you look at it.

If the opposition launch a long ball and he gets on the end of it.....He actually turns defence in to the attack, because he launchs offensive players in to action.

Its a bit of a paradox really.

If you watch carefully the build up to the second goal the ball came out from a *John Terry free kick and was headed back out weakly and landed On the chest of Hourihane......then Bingo.

Aerial Balls at this level are important.....as you can see most of the division are 6 foot plus

*corrected

Edited by TRO

Jedi 3 tackles 2 interceptions 7 clearances. Bjarnasson 3 1 7 in the last 2 games. I think Bjarnasson invites more pressure on goal whereas Jedi cuts it out before it gets to that stage which makes 1 a CDM for me and the other not

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Jedi 3 tackles 2 interceptions 7 clearances. Bjarnasson 3 1 7 in the last 2 games. I think Bjarnasson invites more pressure on goal whereas Jedi cuts it out before it gets to that stage which makes 1 a CDM for me and the other not

Its tricky, Birkir gives us more movement, But in this league Jed is colossal in the air ( in midfield).

Horses for Courses I would say......tactical decisions depending on the opposition.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bjarnason allows us to get forward more - he looks for passes to get us up the pitch.  Jedinak is just a destroyer.  Very different "DMC" type players and it's great to have that variety.  In a game like yesterday, Jedinak is perfect as those Blues cloggers just wanted a scrap.  He loves that and I think Bjarnason would haved fared badly.  However, in games like, say, Sheffield United where the midfield is short and quick, Bjarnason is a better option.  He can move more freely and track runners.

Jedinak had a passing accuracy of 57.5% yesterday (I'd say it would be harsh to judge him on this in a frantic derby game, but we probably had more time on the ball than usual tbh) from 40 passes.  Bjarnason against Burton the game before had 90.5% from 63 passes (against Sheff Utd, 80% from 50 passes).

So, yes, Jedinak probably does stop the ball more from a defensive point of view as he stops the attack and then just gets rid.  Bjarnason is much more effective in helping us build attacks from deep.  It's a nice mix to have!

• Like 4

I think Bruce learned well from the reverse fixture at St. Andrews. From memory we played Whelan in the middle and he got the s**t kicked out of him all game and didn't win a single header. When Jedi came on at ~60' that day we looked a different team and got a hold on the game.

Really encouraged that Bruce opted to start Jedi this time even with BB being the inform player (as he is more similar to Whelan) and was rewarded with THAT performance. So nice to be able to rotate positions as required and not just trot out the 'best' 11 each week regardless of opposition style.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

If the opposition launch a long ball and he gets on the end of it.....He actually turns defence in to the attack, because he launchs offensive players in to action.

If you watch carefully the build up to the second goal the ball came out medium to long and John Terry powerfully headed the ball back in to the area it was headed back out weakly and landed at the feet of Hourihane......then Bingo.

Aerial Balls at this level are important.....as you can see most of the division are 6 foot plus

Not sure that's right Tro.

Second goal, we played a long free kick into their area, their defender headed it 25 yards out where hourihane picked it up and volleyed it in.

Apols for being pedantic

3 hours ago, TRO said:

If you watch carefully the build up to the second goal the ball came out medium to long and John Terry powerfully headed the ball back in to the area it was headed back out weakly and landed at the feet of Hourihane......then Bingo.

I thought it came from a Terry free kick, not a header :blink:

I was speaking to someone at work today, a Coventry fan, who watched yesterdays game and he commented that the guy with the beard alongside Terry at the back played well. I had to tell him that Jedi in fact played defensive midfield. I could see why he got that impression though as Jedinak hardly crossed the half way line. It was a masterstroke restricting him so much and a masterful performance by Jedinak as by him sitting in front of the back four and being so disciplined it gave Grealish, Hourihane and the wide players the freedom to attack.

Jedinak's performance was arguably the most significant in why we were so untroubled and won so comfortably yesterday.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I was speaking to someone at work today, a Coventry fan, who watched yesterdays game and he commented that the guy with the beard alongside Terry at the back played well. I had to tell him that Jedi in fact played defensive midfield. I could see why he got that impression though as Jedinak hardly crossed the half way line. It was a masterstroke restricting him so much and a masterful performance by Jedinak as by him sitting in front of the back four and being so disciplined it gave Grealish, Hourihane and the wide players the freedom to attack.

Jedinak's performance was arguably the most significant in why we were so untroubled and won so comfortably yesterday.

100%. Blues rely on the second ball and Jedi just ate all of them up. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I know he was immense but id play bjarnason against Fulham 

Same. Jedinak should play against physical teams where they'll be playing long balls and Bjarnason against the more technical teams where a bit more pace is required.

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I thought it came from a Terry free kick, not a header :blink:

You might be right, i need to watch it back again.

sorry, you are right....free kick from John....my mistake.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â