Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 14:46, TRO said:

I am not being disrespectful, because some fans are clearly learned students of the game and are well worth listening to.....but in terms of the mass.....( message to Tone) they could get you hung.

I agree with this 100% whilst I love Villa and know the club and team reasonably well, what I've learnt over the years is when it comes to football is I know nothing and (no offence) the majority of other football fans are the same :)

• Like 1

Much, much, MUCH better today. 

Effective with the ball (most of the time, there were a couple of howlers), held his position well and was very vocal in organising those around him. 

Made us really solid and alongside Gardner, gave Bacuna the freedom to get forward, shame he was pretty rubbish at it tbh. 

Good game from Jedi, got a decent reception too when he came off, which will help. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Much, much, MUCH better today. 

Effective with the ball (most of the time, there were a couple of howlers), held his position well and was very vocal in organising those around him. 

Made us really solid and alongside Gardner, gave Bacuna the freedom to get forward, shame he was pretty rubbish at it tbh. 

Good game from Jedi, got a decent reception too when he came off, which will help. 

I have nothing more to add to this excellent review of his performance today. 

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

So much better today. Did his job well but was naff on the ball.

You may be right (I didn't see the game), but this kind of criticism is nothing new. Same was said about our previous Defensive midfielder (Sanchez). In fact, I recall it also being said about NRC, Petrov and even McCann.

There's definitely an element of that in all of them - but as a defensive midfielder, their responsibility is to break up opposition play, support our defensive line, win possession and hand it off. Not come up with an immediate defense splitting pass by which our forwards can stroll onto the ball and nonchalantly tap it in.

Now I know you didn't say all that and I'm not trying to pick on your post - but if he has to do more with the ball than you can reasonably expect from a defensive midfielder (as he had to under RDM) then he's either going to be naff, or he's going to be waaaaay out of our league.

• Like 4

On 17 October 2016 at 09:30, Woodytom said:

Really?

4m for an ageing cm who couldn't get into a poor premiership team.

The clues were there that jedinak was really not going to be all that. Not sure him being this piss poor was expected but I certainly didn't expect anything special.

This whole 'letting players settle into a side' thing I mentioned many times really isn't a new concept. Not surprising though this reactionist shit, might dig into a few other threads later.

• Like 1

Â