Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

This whole 'letting players settle into a side' thing I mentioned many times really isn't a new concept. Not surprising though this reactionist shit, might dig into a few other threads later.

Really?

He was better today but he wasn't so amazing. by amazing I mean wasn't that good. He was steady in a really poor game.

Edited by Woodytom

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Some people made some rather premature and bad judgments on this guy.

And it's equally premature to judge those opinions based on a couple of games.

Nobody stood out today in a very poor game.

I'll wait until he keeps this up on a regular basis, hopefully we'll be as pleased after the next 10 games.

Many of the things said about him are still correct. He isn't suited to play in a 2 man midfield, his passing is limited and to be honest I think we could have expect a seasoned veteran to be able to go straight into the team and perform without having 10-15 games to settle into the side.

Hopefully we'll have found the right place for him now and he'll become the player we expected and needed. If today is anything to go by the signs are certainly there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I think it's a little rich for you to be saying not to judge someone on a couple of games....

I'm not saying don't judge someone on a couple of games. I'm saying don't totally dismiss other ppls judgements (based on a couple of games), based on a couple of games.

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I'm not saying don't judge someone on a couple of games. I'm saying don't totally dismiss other ppls judgements (based on a couple of games), based on a couple of games.

So it's okay to form a judgement of a player on a couple of games but not okay to think that judgment is wrong based on a couple of games.....

41 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Some people made some rather premature and bad judgments on this guy.

I don't think they were premature judgements. People were just being critical because he was blimmin awfull. No one is going to say "well so far he has been a total disaster but I am certain he will be good"  he needs to show some performances before anyone can genuinely think he's a good signing. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Or, we are aware of what the palace fans thought of him, realised he's an experienced international and experienced Prem league player and very well respected in the game and instead of jumping on his back after a couple of games, we are able to form our opinion of him, with all that in mind, that's he's probably finding his feet at this club. My judgement of him isn't based solely on 'a couple of performances'

Much better performance. We needed somebody to stand up today and 'play the occasion', and he did that best. Hopefully he can kick on from this performance. However, having lots of midfielders who only work in a 3 does mean we lack much in the way of tactical flexibility. 

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't think they were premature judgements. People were just being critical because he was blimmin awfull. No one is going to say "well so far he has been a total disaster but I am certain he will be good"  he needs to show some performances before anyone can genuinely think he's a good signing. 

No people weren't being critical, they were writing him off. Huge difference.

• Like 2

Â