Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

56 minutes ago, sne said:

Much better in a midfield 3, as expected.

Passing still leaves a lot to be desired.

I think our poor midfied has highlighted that. 

He is meant to be the guy that breaks up play and then quickly gives it to those that have more ability, the trouble is, we don't really have anyone.

So what has happened is that he looks poor at everything he is doing. Poor as a defensive midfielder because he has no support around him and is often left to deal with wave after wave of opposition attacks, and poor at passing because he has no easy out ball so is forced into trying things that exceed his level of ability. 

Today was different because we were under the cosh and set up very defensively so he could simply concentrate on what he does well, breaking up play. I'm sure he will flourish in the new year once Bruce assembles a balanced midfield. 

OT but i think that is also the reason for our terrible possession stats, Bruce is simply having to adapt a style that suits our personal until he can address the problems we have in midfield. It really is our achilles heel. 

19 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

This thread has stopped making sense. 

Not really.

Jedinak had a few bad games. ppl said he was shit.

Jedinak has played better recently. ppl are saying that it was wrong for ppl to call him shit.

Truth is, he hasn't been here anywhere near long enough to make a fully qualified decision, so both opinions are premature but neither can be called 100% wrong at this stage.

43 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I'm not saying don't judge someone on a couple of games. I'm saying don't totally dismiss other ppls judgements (based on a couple of games), based on a couple of games.

:blink:

This is such a huge contradiction.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Not really.

Jedinak had a few bad games. ppl said he was shit.

Jedinak has played better recently. ppl are saying that it was wrong for ppl to call him shit.

Truth is, he hasn't been here anywhere near long enough to make a fully qualified decision, so both opinions are premature but neither can be called 100% wrong at this stage.

There is a difference between saying someone is shit and someone is playing shit.

It is entirely fair to say people were wrong to say he was shit.

39 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't think they were premature judgements. People were just being critical because he was blimmin awfull. No one is going to say "well so far he has been a total disaster but I am certain he will be good"  he needs to show some performances before anyone can genuinely think he's a good signing. 

Pop back a few pages and see what people were saying. It was ridiculous. 

There was absolutely no grace period, there were literally people saying we should sell him in January AFTER 6 GAMES. There was no balance at all. 

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No people weren't being critical, they were writing him off. Huge difference.

Well I think it was justified criticism to be honest he has been pretty up until recently. But seeing how Bruce has adopted him I sorely blame di Matteo for that. Obviously didn't know how to use him as effectively as Bruce has. I still think we need another cm. get rid of Westwood he is dire and Gardner well for me his goal as exceptional but at fault for their goal. Jedinsk needs a good cm alongside him with bacuna to Tish  

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well I think it was justified criticism to be honest he has been pretty up until recently. But seeing how Bruce has adopted him I sorely blame di Matteo for that. Obviously didn't know how to use him as effectively as Bruce has. I still think we need another cm. get rid of Westwood he is dire and Gardner well for me his goal as exceptional but at fault for their goal. Jedinsk needs a good cm alongside him with bacuna to Tish  

It wasn't criticism people took issue with and some of us were pointing out at the time that the issue was Di Matteo.

He played well today. It greatly benefits the team having someone so big just in front of the defence so the centre backs can stay in place rather than have to come out to try and win the first ball. Of course he can't run, but in a game like today he was vital.

Did the ugly stuff very well, passing quite poor but that's what you'd expect. No surprise he played well in a 3, a 3 man central midfield will make it easier for him to find a shirt and thus not expose his inability to pass a ball as often. 

However the fundamental problem with this signing is precisely that he can only perform well in a 3. We need to have players who can play in a central 2 and 3. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

There is a difference between saying someone is shit and someone is playing shit.

It is entirely fair to say people were wrong to say he was shit.

Not necessarily. 

Lets take your point that there is a difference between saying someone is shit and playing shit.... I agree btw.

But it's no different to the difference between saying he's not playing shit and he's not shit.

So to simplify....

HE was playing shit. people said he is shit.... ultimately premature. 

Your now saying those who said he was shit were wrong based on him playing good....... which by your logic, doesn't make him good.

Thought he was monsterous for us today, a really great, committed performance. Looks to have shaken off the early Villa career travel fatigue, looks a real asset on this performance. We will need this until the end of the season. Feel much happier about our defensive game, despite Huttons slip, and Jedi's form take some credit for this.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I don't think they were premature judgements. People were just being critical because he was blimmin awfull. No one is going to say "well so far he has been a total disaster but I am certain he will be good"  he needs to show some performances before anyone can genuinely think he's a good signing. 

So he was shit, but not shit, now good, but not good, becuase he might still be shit, not good, or good but not shit, but with more performances he could be not so shit, but not good, or good even though he's still shit? 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

So he was shit, but not shit, now good, but not good, becuase he might still be shit, not good, or good but not shit, but with more performances he could be not so shit, but not good, or good even though he's still shit? 

That post is full of shit wazzap24

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â