Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, peterms said:

I've just done a quick search.  There was little mention of him until the Mail covered a story that Palace were letting him go.  The comments that followed were in the wake of that.

It looks very much like a pretty standard thing of a club announcing someone can go, then other clubs inquiring, followed by an agreement.

I suppose it's possible that instead of this, Xia monitored social media and fans websites and personally intervened to appease what he saw as the fans' desires, in the spare moments between managing his global businesses.  But really, why look past the commonplace and obvious explanation, especially in the absence of anything to suggest that responding to fans was what drove this?

I am left a bit under whelmed to be honest football clubs listening to fans on football business.

I am confident talking about my team.....but in terms of fitness, training ground dynamics, transfers and injuries.....no, not for me. Would I want my club to listen to me on transfers....No, no no,no no.

We are spectators, we are not engrossed in the industry.

When Tony Barton set about finding players for Ron Saunders most of us had no idea of the value we were getting, he brought journey men, second tier players from top clubs, Scottish unheard of players a sprinkle of youth academy and bingo.....but my point is they were not obvious calls from the terraces. (The man for me was brilliant....spoke to him once for a fair bit of time....shocked by his knowledge of the game.)

Tammy Abrahams.....I would never think of him, but boy, what a player.

This is where we have to rely on our managers and scouts to blend a functioning football team for " all seasons" to cope/deal with all the aspects of the game.....not a few rabona's to please the crowd or a few reverse passes and then disappearance for half an hour.

I am not being disrespectful, because some fans are clearly learned students of the game and are well worth listening to.....but in terms of the mass.....( message to Tone) they could get you hung.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Not impressed by Jedinak's performance at all. The penalty we conceded showed how poor he is now. One simple pass from Reading's defender sees no protection whatsoever in front of our back four. He was walking back slowly, then we conceded a penalty.

I don't think it is because he cannot run physically.

If you don't fight like a maddog as a defensive mid, and if you are nowhere near Andrea Pirlo, don't even play the game.  

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Dear oh Dear...  He is going to have to do better than this or he won't be here very long.

What is it with Villa signing over rated shit Australian Players? first Holman now Jedinak!

Any others? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Another grotesque performance, building up quite a library of shite already. 

59 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Much better last night and carried us in the last 20 minutes. Better energy levels, used his experience to keep them organised across the middle. 

Keep it up.

Hmmm....what to believe.....???

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

Not impressed by Jedinak's performance at all. The penalty we conceded showed how poor he is now. One simple pass from Reading's defender sees no protection whatsoever in front of our back four. He was walking back slowly, then we conceded a penalty.

I don't think it is because he cannot run physically.

If you don't fight like a maddog as a defensive mid, and if you are nowhere near Andrea Pirlo, don't even play the game.  

You're kidding, right?

I've watched the highlights and he was not out of position - it was simply a ball over the top of the defense on the counter down our right hand side. Even if he had Usain Bolt's pace he was never going to make any difference there.

He may or may not have played well - but you're really clutching at straws if this is the worst thing you can slate him for.

31 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Hmmm....what to believe.....???

I know who I believe ;)

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

You're kidding, right?

I've watched the highlights and he was not out of position - it was simply a ball over the top of the defense on the counter down our right hand side. Even if he had Usain Bolt's pace he was never going to make any difference there.

He may or may not have played well - but you're really clutching at straws if this is the worst thing you can slate him for.

Well... I disagree. I think he was out of his position in that particular play, which leads to your conclusion of 'Even if he had Usain Bolt's pace he was never going to make any difference there'. 

And that play was us 4 defs vs Reading 3 attackers. I didn't expect him to be Bolt, but I would expect him to at least sprint back for defending a possible 2nd chance, or at least reorganizing the defensive line for Reading's pushing forward. He showed little intention of that in that particular play, hence my post on ' I don't think it is because he cannot run physically.', which i really meant either he hasn't had best fitness, or he lose his strong physicality/mentality (which is why I like him as a player).

I have to say my post was based on that particular play, so let me clarify I didn't mean his performance is poor throughout the game. In fact from what I heard, his performance has been better than what he showed in previous games. But I would expect much more than that, as he is one of the players I like most in the current team (I was 'hoping' Villa could get Jedinak well before the rumour came out...).

It was probably a few 'inappropriate' wordings in my post that made you think I hate Jedinak, I really don't (expect on the day when we play against each other Jan 2015 of course). 

PS: I still remember when I lived in Australia a long time ago, the best player I liked most was him. :D

Edited by Deisler123

Â