Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Not necessarily. 

Lets take your point that there is a difference between saying someone is shit and playing shit.... I agree btw.

But it's no different to the difference between saying he's not playing shit and he's not shit.

So to simplify....

HE was playing shit. people said he is shit.... ultimately premature. 

Your now saying those who said he was shit were wrong based on him playing good....... which by your logic, doesn't make him good.

No. I was saying they were wrong when he was playing poorly, him playing well hasn't altered my view of the daft stuff posted about him or various other players.

It isn't my logic that is flawed or subject to huge contradictions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Not suprised he looked much better in a 3 man mid. Hopefully we stick with it until Jan...

Agree, problem is playing Westwood as the third, sits too deep so we end up playing a defensive 6. Watched the game in stratford with some normal blue noses - we all thought Jedi was motm.

1 hour ago, Stratvillan said:

Agree, problem is playing Westwood as the third, sits too deep so we end up playing a defensive 6. Watched the game in stratford with some normal blue noses - we all thought Jedi was motm.

A normal blue nose... you been drinking?

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

There is a difference between saying someone is shit and someone is playing shit.

It is entirely fair to say people were wrong to say he was shit.

You've in no way answered the point I was making.

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

No. I was saying they were wrong when he was playing poorly, him playing well hasn't altered my view of the daft stuff posted about him or various other players.

Well yes it is. you've today said that people were wrong to call him shit. that seems to be off the basis of him playing well for a couple of games.

NEITHER opinion of mile is definitely right yet you seem to have decided that ppls original opinion of him is wrong........ based on as little evidence as those ppl who you criticise in this thread made their minds up earlier on

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

in fairness when he played poor he looked lethargic, lazy and that he wasnt bothered. maybe that was previous "management" attitude but since Bruce came in he has looked a complete different player and today he looked like hungry and he cared

He was brilliant defensively against Blues and protected our defence really well.  He had a great game overall...

...however, I also thought he was instrumental in the reason we struggled so much - we just didn't relieve ourselves of any pressure.  The theme was a ball played long from the Blues defence would be cut out/won in the air/tackled off their opponent by Jedinak, but then he'd just lump an aimless ball straight back to their defence.  He rarely (if ever?) found our only outlet - Kodija - so the attacks just kept coming.

I think a lot of that was to do with the pace of a derby game so, in less frantic matches, I hope he can do all the defensive stuff but then get his head up and play a proper pass.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

in fairness when he played poor he looked lethargic, lazy and that he wasnt bothered. maybe that was previous "management" attitude but since Bruce came in he has looked a complete different player and today he looked like hungry and he cared

I've not seen this myself, which game?

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I didn't think so myself but everyone see's games differently.

Actually, reading the initial quote back, I wouldn't say he was "lazy" or "not that bothered", but he was sloppy and lethargic.  Good to see him improving (hopefully continued) though.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

(via whoscored)

Aeriel duels won:
Jedinak - 12
Shotton - 7
Hutton - 4

Dominant.

That part of his game he did very well, passing accuracy of 37% is not great thou. In fact our whole team had a chocking PA%

Whoscored has him as their  player of the game fwiw.

Looking at the stats both teams were dismal, pretty much as I remember the game from watching it on the telly.

Â