James Chester

KJT123

When Terry is gone, if we are promoted, he deserves the chance to be Captain.

Hopefully with an exceptional talented , young CB beside him.

Proper 7 - 8 rating every week.

It is extraordinary how little you hear about him, which says it all.

I think Chester has been a good signing.....But In terms of his ability I am not so taken as some Villa Fans.

I think his attitude and professionalism is exemplary.

The thing for me is, he can get easily bullied by big powerful forwards....He can also get a bit dithery when players get in his face.....can get overrun at times

I don't think he is quite as solid as some make out.....never the less good player.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I think Chester has been a good signing.....But In terms of his ability I am not so taken as some Villa Fans.

I think his attitude and professionalism is exemplary.

The thing for me is, he can get easily bullied by big powerful forwards....He can also get a bit dithery when players get in his face.....can get overrun at times

I don't think he is quite as solid as some make out.....never the less good player.

I know what you mean and maybe at the very top of the game he'll get found out, but he's a solid 7/10 type player and we haven't had enough of them in recent years. Should have bought him when he went to Hull imo.

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

I know what you mean and maybe at the very top of the game he'll get found out, but he's a solid 7/10 type player and we haven't had enough of them in recent years. Should have bought him when he went to Hull imo.

I agree.....and i was expecting to get a bashing for that.....but just saying what I see against championship teams.

He maybe better in the prem he won't have quite the raw muscle to deal with.

The stereotype that the lower divisions have more muscle, strength etc is nonsense.

There are as many big forwards in the top division as there are lower down. They just have a better all round game than some of the lumps down here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The stereotype that the lower divisions have more muscle, strength etc is nonsense.

There are as many big forwards in the top division as there are lower down. They just have a better all round game than some of the lumps down here.

Agree, you always get the cliche about the Championship being such a tough, physical scrap.

However, Premier League league players are just as physical, are faster, fitter, and think the game at a higher speed. Its a massive gulf to be honest.

Chester is one of the few i think we wouldn't necessarily need to replace if we got promoted.

• Like 2

Chester is superb.  Players like Grealish rightly get the plaudits, but without Chester we'd be nowhere near where we are.  He's my favourite Villa defender since Mellberg.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Risso said:

Chester is superb.  Players like Grealish rightly get the plaudits, but without Chester we'd be nowhere near where we are.  He's my favourite Villa defender since Mellberg.

Thought he looked really shaky first half tbh - kept dawdling on the ball and got bailed out by others.  But yeah, he's generally been solid.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2018 at 12:16, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When Terry is gone, if we are promoted, he deserves the chance to be Captain.

Hopefully with an exceptional talented , young CB beside him.

Proper 7 - 8 rating every week.

It is extraordinary how little you hear about him, which says it all.

I'd go all out for Jonny Evans to partner Chester if we are promoted. Still keep Terry but he probably won't be able to manage a whole Premier League season. 

Â