James Chester

KJT123

6 hours ago, KSV said:

He's not on the highest wage. He will be our skipper. He is the heart of the defense. We will have huge problems at the back. He and grealish must be kept if we have any aspiration next season. Sell the rest. I don't care. We can't afford to let him go. Save the wages elsewhere.

thats the problem. none of the high wages are wanted elsewhere so we will have to get rid of Chester, Jack and probably Hourihane

we are in trouble

28 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The kids will save us, the best kids I've seen, there is hope

Trouble is the kids can't do it on there own, they need quality alongside them which is a problem as it's likely to be our better players leaving. If we end up losing Chester, neither Suliman or Bedeau are ready to step up.

35 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Trouble is the kids can't do it on there own, they need quality alongside them which is a problem as it's likely to be our better players leaving. If we end up losing Chester, neither Suliman or Bedeau are ready to step up.

I think Suliman might be (cue the 'couldn't get in Cheltenham or Grimsby sides comments). Bruce rates him, he said in the media a few months ago. Bedeau is good, very good but is probably a bit young yet, might need a loan. 

Agreed, we need reinforcements but whether we have the funds is another matter altogether 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Suliman might be (cue the 'couldn't get in Cheltenham or Grimsby sides comments). Bruce rates him, he said in the media a few months ago. Bedeau is good, very good but is probably a bit young yet, might need a loan. 

Agreed, we need reinforcements but whether we have the funds is another matter altogether 

I know Suliman performed well for England U19's but whenever i've seen him he still doesn't look physically ready for first team football, he's too slight. He looks like he needs to hit the gym in my opinion or he will get bullied playing in the Championship.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I know Suliman performed well for England U19's but whenever i've seen him he still doesn't look physically ready for first team football, he's too slight. He looks like he needs to hit the gym in my opinion or he will get bullied playing in the Championship.

Well, he's 20 now and he still hasn't started a match for us not even a cup match, I think he's good enough, the current manager rates him. In my opinion, he's not a blood and guts style defender, more of a Rolls Royce style centre back, we'll see I guess 

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Well, he's 20 now and he still hasn't started a match for us not even a cup match, I think he's good enough, the current manager rates him. In my opinion, he's not a blood and guts style defender, more of a Rolls Royce style centre back, we'll see I guess 

In my humble opinion.....Those Rolls Royce type are better suited to the Prem, where the subtleties are displayed.

you need blood and guts in this league or at least one.....that's what they trade in......its hard to play the violin amongst a bunch of guitar players......as the saying goes, if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

In my humble opinion.....Those Rolls Royce type are better suited to the Prem, where the subtleties are displayed.

you need blood and guts in this league.....that's what they trade in......its hard to play the violin amongst a bunch of guitar players......as the saying goes, if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

I think you are correct 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are you serious? Him and Grealish are the only 2 players that are worth anything substantial and can play in the Premier League. 

I thought that, sadly they are one in the same thing - they are the most valuable players to us and others. 

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are you serious? Him and Grealish are the only 2 players that are worth anything substantial and can play in the Premier League. 

Edit: No championship club will have players that are unsellable. Every player will have a price. 

He said "considered". It's obvious he's talking about them in terms of importance to our squad rather than in terms of monetary gain.

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

He said "considered". It's obvious he's talking about them in terms of importance to our squad rather than in terms of monetary gain.

Yes I realised that after posting.  Unsellable maybe the wrong word to use. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

thats the problem. none of the high wages are wanted elsewhere so we will have to get rid of Chester, Jack and probably Hourihane

we are in trouble

10 million wont make or break our financial issues. Worth keeping at all costs. Grealish i can understand. 40 million will make a drastic difference. 

Talk that Adama will goto Chelsea (which we have a sell on clause and Boro want to buy Adomah. I am sure we can raise enough sales without Chesterl eaving. 

For me Chester is a must keep due to being able to blood one of the younger centre backs beside him and having someone there who can organise the defence.

However if he wants to go then I’m sure if Bruce is still manager, Villa will probably bring someone in on loan with experience to do the same job.

Just noted someone posting it’s all doom and gloom if Villa lose the current spine of the team. That’s the same spine that failed to gain promotion over a very one dimensional Cardiff side.

I think people need to get a bit of perspective on that. Either the team or manager wasn’t good enough and changes now need to be made anyway.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Mantis said:

Him and Grealish are the only players that should be considered unsellable IMO.

Such is the cruelty of football.

The reality is those are the onlyt wo players who will attract big money so will probably be the first to go

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Such is the cruelty of football.

The reality is those are the onlyt wo players who will attract big money so will probably be the first to go

I'm aware of that, but Chester is too important to let go for anything but stupid money. A part of me would actually rather sell Grealish than Chester.

21 hours ago, Mantis said:

Him and Grealish are the only players that should be considered unsellable IMO.

This times 5 trillion.

If we have any ambition even in the face of adversity. This is what we need to do.

There are at least 7 players we should be able to sacrifice before them.

Build ou team around these.

• Like 1

Â