James Chester

KJT123

10 hours ago, Farlz said:

Looked at the Prem table the other day and I'm absolutely convinced he'd get into every side from 10th-20th. Why he's in this league I'll never know. 

The bottom half of the premier league are just quasi championship teams really. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Him, Johnstone, Terry, Grealish and Snodgrass are the group of players we have that are too good for this league. 

Not sure I agree with Johnstone, but absolutely agree with the rest.

If we get promoted then Chester will be starting for us in the Prem, no bother.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If we get promoted then Chester will be starting for us in the Prem, no bother.

I did think twice about putting him in but i think he could probably do a decent job for a bottom half team. 

Probably not quite in the same group as the others for clearly being too good for the championship

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KSV said:

Mr Reliable. Probably doesnt get enough accolades as he always good. 

100%. Take this very thread. 48 pages for a guy many believe is one of our best players. Its not that he's underrated, just that there is very little to discuss because he is consistently very good. 

You just expect him to be reliable. 

5 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Not even up to 50 pages in a year and a half, while the Bruce thread rumbles on past 1500. Perhaps the relative silence speaks volumes. Mr consistent.

The Makélélé of centre halfs!

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Hasn't he now got the highest save percentage in the division, and is on 13 clean sheets or something?

He's clearly still got some development to do - especially near post corners - but he's going in the right direction.

Anyway back to JC - appropriate initials, as he's been performing miracles since he arrived.  Considering he's not tall, or super quick, it's remarkable to think that he doesn't really have a weakness.  Absolute daylight robbery at £8m.  If he was at Everton or Burnley the big clubs would be looking at him for £30m, easily.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Makesd you realise how hopeless RDM was, Chester was not as good then either was adomah both his signings 

lot of things to bash Di Matteo but this is crazy,  he had them about 10 games with either player

Took Bruce about 10-12 games before Terry started to show his class. wouldnt call him hopeless for that

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

lot of things to bash Di Matteo but this is crazy,  he had them about 10 games with either player

Took Bruce about 10-12 games before Terry started to show his class. wouldnt call him hopeless for that

It isn't crazy though is it? 11 games ONE win, Bruce came and actually won games with the same players. In fact he win a load.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It isn't crazy though is it? 11 games ONE win, Bruce came and actually won games with the same players. In fact he win a load.

Well Bruce benefitted from players gelling in the RDM games. Chester joined a back 5 that never played together before

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well Bruce benefitted from players gelling in the RDM games. Chester joined a back 5 that never played together before

Or maybe bruce is a better manager than di matteo?

Di matteo had pre season bruce didnt

Edited by Demitri_C

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Agreed.

Di Matteo was shit. But he deserves credit for signing Chester in the first place. Very harsh to blame him for a player not immediately settling.

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Or maybe bruce is a better manager than di matteo?

Di matteo had pre season bruce didnt

Chester joined about 3 games into the season after he played Euro 2016 and Adomah on deadline day about 6 games in

Edited by Zatman

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chester joined about 3 games into the season after he played Euro 2016 and Adomah on deadline day about 6 games in

Still for me he had games to implement them in. I dont agree Bruce had more time. You can say the same with various managers who sign players on deadline day. RDM had a talented squad and flopped miserably. Chester did not look as good as he has until Bruce came in same with Adomah 

Â