James Chester

KJT123

Chester is good for us, but he seems to get absolutely no stick at all for what are huge, if not costly, errors.  I think he might be the only player not to?  Maybe he's made out of Teflon.

Even in our last game, against Forest, he made a couple of absolutely woeful passes out of defence - one even went straight to McKay to give him a run at goal but, thankfully, he produced a terribly tame shot at the end of it.

I actually think the best thing about him is his calmness on the ball and, funnily enough, his passing ability.  In Chester and Terry, we have the best ball-playing central defenders in the league.

He's very decent and I'd rather have him than not, for sure, but.... *tin hat on*... I can't help feeling he's pretty overrated on here.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Chester is good for us, but he seems to get absolutely no stick at all for what are huge, if not costly, errors.  I think he might be the only player not to?  Maybe he's made out of Teflon.

Even in our last game, against Forest, he made a couple of absolutely woeful passes out of defence - one even went straight to McKay to give him a run at goal but, thankfully, he produced a terribly tame shot at the end of it.

I actually think the best thing about him is his calmness on the ball and, funnily enough, his passing ability.  In Chester and Terry, we have the best ball-playing central defenders in the league.

He's very decent and I'd rather have him than not, for sure, but.... *tin hat on*... I can't help feeling he's pretty overrated on here.  

HE IS THE GREATEST DEFENDER THAT HAS EVER LIVED, BOBZY!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's only made two errors that have led to shots on goals in his entire time here no? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gets away with murder, poor defending that was luckily escaped by a poor finish today. A walking error

Needs be replaced for top flight

How many games have you been waiting to come in here and post that? :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gets away with murder, poor defending that was luckily escaped by a poor finish today. A walking error

Needs be replaced for top flight

Surely you're trolling us?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, he doesn’t need to be replaced at all, but that is yet another daft error gifting the opposition a chance at goal.

I looked at the stats and that's only the third time his error has led to a shot at our goal in a year. 

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I looked at the stats and that's only the third time his error has led to a shot at our goal in a year. 

Is that a stat from actually using the ball or something? Because he’s made many more than just 3 errors in a year (as have most footballers, by the way). 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Is that a stat from actually using the ball or something? Because he’s made many more than just 3 errors in a year (as have most footballers, by the way). 

It's a stat that directly deals with your point about his errors leading to a chance on goal. Basically they really don't. 

• Like 1

Â