International Football General Chat

villa4europe

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was a proud victory 😉😂

Well to be fair it was a mini thrashing, winning by three goals. Poor Andorra! 🇦🇩 I always want them to suddenly go on an amazing winning run.

Edited by robby b

7 hours ago, est1874 said:

Ireland robbed again on the international stage. A tale as old as time.

Football ain't a fair game.

Ronaldo getting reacquainted with fergie time 🙄

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

A bit silly that Daei is even mentioned beside Ronaldo’s name. Context is everything. Daei scored most them goals against piss poor teams in Asia qualifying. Did very little when Iran did qualify for tournaments.

He scored those goals for a piss poor team in Asia qualifying.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, est1874 said:

Ireland robbed again on the international stage. A tale as old as time.

Football ain't a fair game.

I say week in week out that the Prem refs are poor but this guy made them look like top pros. He did everything short of score a goal himself. Seemed more interested in being part of the Ronaldo record than he did reffing the game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

A bit silly that Daei is even mentioned beside Ronaldo’s name. Context is everything. Daei scored most them goals against piss poor teams in Asia qualifying. Did very little when Iran did qualify for tournaments.

Ronaldo has scored most of his goals against poor teams in European qualifiers… and Portugal are somewhat better than Iran :D 

• Like 1

Impressed with ronaldos goal record the past few years. Can't say I'm very impressed with his general play though. 

Specialized his game in his later years to benefit him getting a lot of goals. Not sure how benefitial his new style is to the team though. 

Nevertheless will be interesting to see if he actually improves United. Not sure he will. If I was the manager I would have never signed him and played Greenwood which I think is sensational. 

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Impressed with ronaldos goal record the past few years. Can't say I'm very impressed with his general play though. 

Specialized his game in his later years to benefit him getting a lot of goals. Not sure how benefitial his new style is to the team though. 

Nevertheless will be interesting to see if he actually improves United. Not sure he will. If I was the manager I would have never signed him and played Greenwood which I think is sensational. 

Given that he scores a lot of goals, I'd say very.

I don't like Ronaldo - but to be doing what he's doing at 36 is utterly remarkable.

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Given that he scores a lot of goals, I'd say very.

I don't like Ronaldo - but to be doing what he's doing at 36 is utterly remarkable.

Yeah but is that new style good or bad for the team?

Does it mean that said team have to play a specific way in order to suit him?

Him being at the center of everything does it mean that he takes away goals from other players in the team?

Man Utd at their best play quick and devastating football on the counter. Players at speed getting behind the defence. This is not what Ronaldo do.

He wants crosses, crosses and lots of crosses.

Still a lot of questions for me whether he improves them or not. If they have to play a different way in order to suit him I'm not sure it will be beneficial to them.

Edited by villalad21

40 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Andorra v San Marino tonight.  A true clash of titans/match for ages.

Actually mildly interested to see if Andorra go for their patented 'kick the opposition off the park' approach in this one, or if they actually try to play the game.

He's basically the **** on your five a side team now, you know the one.

You win 23-3 and he bags 13 he's a legend. He bags winners most weeks he's a top top lad!!!

The odd time when you lose a close game he's a liability and he does sod all and he's a **** and who does he think he is. Track back. Hold the ball!

Then he's a legend the next week again and all is forgiven.

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I say week in week out that the Prem refs are poor but this guy made them look like top pros. He did everything short of score a goal himself. Seemed more interested in being part of the Ronaldo record than he did reffing the game. 

Its sad that this is so true and will be completely overlooked in the rush to congratulate Ronaldo.

The ref was very one sided tonight. So strange decisions nearly all in Portugal's favour. A very debatable penalty. When VAR asked to look again at it you would presume he would disallow it. The free kick at the end after he let Portugal have a chance to score then called it back to give Ronaldo a dodgy free kick. Then playing on behind extra time till they scored and practically celebrating with Portugal. He would put Mike Dean to shame.

7 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

He scored those goals for a piss poor team in Asia qualifying.

Iran are streets ahead of what they play in Asia and have been for sometime. I’d even like to see his goal scoring record against S.Korea, Japan and the Saudi’s

27 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Iran are streets ahead of what they play in Asia and have been for sometime. I’d even like to see his goal scoring record against S.Korea, Japan and the Saudi’s

He got 12 of his goals vs them 3, its actually a poor list. Biggest team he scored against was Mexico

In fairness Ronaldo did praise him after the game

Â