International Football General Chat

villa4europe

1 minute ago, JamieZ said:

I'm sure he'll be Leipzig bound eventually, but I sure would like to have an American at Villa again.

I suppose the bright side is that some of our best up-and-comers are probably out of our range.

Why Leipzig?

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Why Leipzig?

Well, the Red Bull clubs are pretty good at keeping players in their system when they can, not to mention the Jesse Marsch connection. My hunch is that it was suggested even before Aaronson signed for Salzburg that, "Look, we'll give you a year, year and a half to settle in here at Salzburg, get used to the pace of European football, learn the system like the back of your hand, and we'll move you along to Leipzig as soon as you're ready." But with Marsch going to RB Leipzig and the way Aarnson has adapted to European football, I wouldn't be surprised if he moves sooner than later. He's not going to inspire a feeding frenzy among the top clubs in the world like Håland or Daka, but he's Leipzig quality in my opinion, and that means more than it did even a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

just watched Qatar in the Gold Cup. I am highly intrigued with their squad. Performed really well so far and want to see them against some of the better quality opposition

They were supposed to be in Copa America too 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

just watched Qatar in the Gold Cup. I am highly intrigued with their squad. Performed really well so far and want to see them against some of the better quality opposition

Their results in 2019 Copa America were:

Paraguay 2-2 Qatar

Colombia 1-0 Qatar (86th minute winner for Colombia)

Qatar 0-2 Argentina 2

So pretty respectable and they also won the Asia cup last time it was held so probably got enough to get out of group as they'll be top 8 seed so will likely get a weak African team and Costa Rice and then second tier euro nation.

USA wins the Gold Cup with a 118th minute open header from a free kick vs Mexico. Home game but Mexico fans outnumbered Yanks by about 10:1.

I don't know any of our own players 😚

• Like 1

I've watched every minute of this tournament. This group has so much to be proud of. We've just beaten Mexico twice in two months in two competitive finals. CONCACAF Champions.

38 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

I've watched every minute of this tournament. This group has so much to be proud of. We've just beaten Mexico twice in two months in two competitive finals. CONCACAF Champions.

I'm very proud of this team also.They fought the whole tournament and the future looks bright indeed.

• Like 1

Â