International Football General Chat

villa4europe

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Government announced a stricter lockdown today so not sure Bayern have the power to overturn it

Yeah, doubt even the combined powers of Adidas, Audi, Allianz and Bayern have the power to sway that. Strange that they've not moved it thou.

• 3 weeks later...

Aymeric Laporte pledging for the Spanish national side instead of France according to Marca.

France won't miss him since they have countless fantastic young CB's but good for Spain who don't have the same dept, especially if Ramos decides to quit the national side.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess the Copa America is off now with Argentina closing down again and it's already being moved away from Colombia due to the Covid and civil unrest.

Guess they could move it somewhere else

Edit nope apparently it's going ahead as planned but in Argentina only. 

Edited by sne

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2021 at 06:34, sne said:

Guess the Copa America is off now with Argentina closing down again and it's already being moved away from Colombia due to the Covid and civil unrest.

Guess they could move it somewhere else

Edit nope apparently it's going ahead as planned but in Argentina only. 

No dice with Argentina either as expected. No idea yet what they'll do now. Tournament scheduled to start in 13 days. 

Not entirely sure if there's a specific North American specific thread for international soccer but thought I'd post here.

the US won the inaugural CONCACAF Nations League. Very intense game, but my question is at what point do Mexican fans get punished for their actions? Almost every time we play them, there's projectiles thrown at the players and last night Gio Reyna who needed medical attention as well as other players. I see that this has happened several times before. 

38 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Not entirely sure if there's a specific North American specific thread for international soccer but thought I'd post here.

the US won the inaugural CONCACAF Nations League. Very intense game, but my question is at what point do Mexican fans get punished for their actions? Almost every time we play them, there's projectiles thrown at the players and last night Gio Reyna who needed medical attention as well as other players. I see that this has happened several times before. 

Throwing bottles (or any other dangerous item) is unacceptable. However I've got to ask. Why were the USA team celebrating right in front of the Mexican fans? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Throwing bottles (or any other dangerous item) is unacceptable. However I've got to ask. Why were the USA team celebrating right in front of the Mexican fans? 

I think it's after Pulisic's penalty (on the side of the Mexican fans) and he definitely didn't help in this matter.

On 07/06/2021 at 12:47, Rds1983 said:

They don't separate supporters over here.

• Like 2

Brenden Aaronson looked fantastic last night for USA against Costa Rica. He's only been in Europe (Red Bull Salzburg) for six months, but I can't help but think that the quickest team to pounce for him is going to be a winner.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Ben Brereton is making his debut for Chile. Qualifies because his mother is Chilean. Blackburn prodigy 

i thought he was older, he scored vs us about 4 years ago for Forest

On 10/06/2021 at 09:39, JamieZ said:

Brenden Aaronson looked fantastic last night for USA against Costa Rica. He's only been in Europe (Red Bull Salzburg) for six months, but I can't help but think that the quickest team to pounce for him is going to be a winner.

He just toyed with that defender, nice stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

He just toyed with that defender, nice stuff.

I'm sure he'll be Leipzig bound eventually, but I sure would like to have an American at Villa again.

I suppose the bright side is that some of our best up-and-comers are probably out of our range.

Â