International Football General Chat

villa4europe

Someone with better football knowledge will prob correct me on this, but to me Brazil vs Argentina is one the most underwelming matches given the quality of players they possessed, just all too often clouded over by boiled blooded passion.

Although that still didnt stop me from looking for a possible way of watching the game (legally) last night.

44 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Someone with better football knowledge will prob correct me on this, but to me Brazil vs Argentina is one the most underwelming matches given the quality of players they possessed, just all too often clouded over by boiled blooded passion.

Although that still didnt stop me from looking for a possible way of watching the game (legally) last night.

Its always like that but for me its because one team is always worse off than the other so try to even it up.

Brazil are pretty poor at the moment and playing cloggers like Joelinton and Guimaraes so end up kicking lumps out of opponents. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

I subscribe to 3 different apps to watch footy, but still couldn't watch Bra-Arg.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Brazil are pretty poor at the moment and playing cloggers like Joelinton and Guimaraes so end up kicking lumps out of opponents. 

Yep, anti-Brazil type players. Goons.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sne said:

Brazil on 7 points after 6 games. That's not great. Good thing for them pretty much every team from South America qualifies anyway.

They're very directionless currently, I know the coach they've got in as caretaker won the Libertadores recently but he looks out of his depth managing them, reminds me of Sherwood constantly playing 4-2-4 all the time.😂

They're where Argentina were in 2015-16 period. A manager of calibre of Ancelotti can't come soon enough for them if they want to seriously challenge for 2026 world cup.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Yep, anti-Brazil type players. Goons.

Brazil haven't had creators in central midfield for quite a while. Bizarre Luiz didn't actually start last night. Can't remember a time where their full back options are so chronic either, last night started Emerson Royal who can't get in the Spurs team currently and Renan Lodi started at left back in Colombia, was o.k for Forest last season but a fair bit away from the world class bracket.

• 1 month later...

Brazil have just hired Dorival Junior as manager, a massive step down from Ancelotti or Mourinho

He started managing in 2002 and has had 26 different management jobs in that time

• Thanks 1

Some great trolling by Norwegian billionaire Petter Stordalen. He's bought the naming rights for the Swedish national stadium and renamed in to Strawberry Arena :D Top bantz there. "We are so rich we can buy your stadium just to give it a silly name". 

Tbf Strawberry is his company name and the previous name was Friends Arena so this might actually be better. In related news OGS has turned down the offer to become Sweden national manager. Then again so has everyone else too.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Some great trolling by Norwegian billionaire Petter Stordalen. He's bought the naming rights for the Swedish national stadium and renamed in to Strawberry Arena :D Top bantz there. "We are so rich we can buy your stadium just to give it a silly name". 

Tbf Strawberry is his company name and the previous name was Friends Arena so this might actually be better. In related news OGS has turned down the offer to become Sweden national manager. Then again so has everyone else too.

Just that they ask OGS tells me we need to fire all of them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Just that they ask OGS tells me we need to fire all of them. 

Next Jon-Dahl Tomasson will turn them down and then they'll settle for the U-21 manager but give him a cheap pathetic contract and no real backing or belief that he's a long term option. 

Â