International Football General Chat

villa4europe

11 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Rumors about Frank getting the U21 job, don't think that would be the worst hire

Eddie Howe is surely the best fit from what's available but hard to see him taking it over a few prem jobs this summer.

There's next to no chance Dean Smith or Graham Potter would walk out on their jobs to take over under 21s unless they were basically promised the top job in two years time.

Think FA missed a trick not appointing Steve Cooper after he won under 17 world cup and he might be a premier league manager in a few months time so probably lost from the system now.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Eddie Howe is surely the best fit from what's available but hard to see him taking it over a few prem jobs this summer.

There's next to no chance Dean Smith or Graham Potter would walk out on their jobs to take over under 21s unless they were basically promised the top job in two years time.

Think FA missed a trick not appointing Steve Cooper after he won under 17 world cup and he might be a premier league manager in a few months time so probably lost from the system now.

I dont think teams hire a big name Under 21 manager, usually go for a manager with potential from the coaching academy who they can develop into senior role. Pearce for example had potential until it turned out he was a joke(interesting Danny Mills this week said he was a laughing stock at City)

Boothroyd on the other hand after a decent stint at Watford had 3 or 4 jobs after and struggled

25 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Rumors about Frank getting the U21 job, don't think that would be the worst hire

Yeah, I could actually see that. Whether he'd want to do that I don't know, might see it as a big step down.

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It would surprise me. That’s just crazy talk mate.  Jack is 100% going to the Euro’s and will most likely start against Croatia. 

I hope you're right because he deserves it and of course it means there is more chance of staying at Villa. (If BigNose leaves him at home maybe he will think he has to move to cement an England place.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Did he really say that? What a massive dick. Look at the attacking players at his disposal tonight and tell me that pretty much any international manager in Europe wouldn’t have given his right nut to have a squad like that to pick from. Utter bollocks.

The truth is he’s a failed club manager who’s really lucky to be in that job. He wants to show a bit of humility and learn to manage better.

I have no idea what Kalvin Phillips is showing him to get in that team. Let alone the fact that we seem to need 2 defensive midfielders even against mighty San Marino. Kane seems to want to play every position except the one on the back of his shirt. Tell the prick to stay up front and do his job.

i think he meant it specifically in relation to this squad which to be fair had jack, sancho, rashford, barnes and maddison all missing

after lingard it was watkins as cover for the wide positions and i dont think he really looked at either, lingard didnt play enough or do enough to suggest he will replace one of those injured

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Southgate post game interview sounds like he was praising himself for Stones improvement in last few months 😂

He is a managerial genius. He is also the reason Jack is putting up numbers now.

Also the last game was it he was spouting some shite about Tuchel using Mount regularly so maybe Gareth was right all along.

He is an absolute melt. Must have a tiny tiny penis I reckon.

• Haha 1

Polish commentator said it best last night;

There are two things for certain after this game. Poland will not win the European Championships. 

But neither will England. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He definitely isn't, Boothroyd is an absolute embarrassment.

Normally I would have some sympathy for someone who is just so utterly out of his depth and knows it, but I always find Boothroyd comes off as a testy rocket polisher as well.

776.jpg

Just seen the highlights of the England and Germany games. Seems these days that being a 'top' side seems to rely on being able to dive better than the opposition. If I was the Polish defender I would have picked Sterling up by the scruff and thrown him into the stands for being a cheating bugger. 

Germany got one as well, although the ref in that game was awful. Macedonia had a nailed on penalty for handball chalked off.  

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Polish commentator said it best last night;

There are two things for certain after this game. Poland will not win the European Championships. 

But neither will England. 

With another manager we would. With the talent we have we should be winning it. People knock Martinez but he has done a good job at Belgium. 

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

With another manager we would. With the talent we have we should be winning it. People knock Martinez but he has done a good job at Belgium. 

Has he? He hasnt done anything better than Southgate 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has he? He hasnt done anything better than Southgate 

Beat England in the world cup but got knocked out by the best team and aren't they ranked no.1 team in the world so must be doing better. 

23 minutes ago, PaulC said:

You've just aimed the same criticism at Southgate as you should be aiming at martinez

With the talent they have Belgium should be winning it

Martinez has a world cup semi final and a nations league final place, Southgate has... And they're a better team than us 

Both of them are poor managers

• Like 2

Â