International Football General Chat

villa4europe

30 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Beat England in the world cup but got knocked out by the best team and aren't they ranked no.1 team in the world so must be doing better. 

he beat England in what were both dead rubbers in the World Cup. He has achieved nothing more than Southgate has with this Belgium side that were probably favourites for the last World Cup

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

You've just aimed the same criticism at Southgate as you should be aiming at martinez

With the talent they have Belgium should be winning it

Martinez has a world cup semi final and a nations league final place, Southgate has... And they're a better team than us 

Both of them are poor managers

I don't agree England got the easy draw and lost to croatia. Belgium met a great team in France in the semi's. They did as well as could have been expected. They are currently world no.1 in the FIFA rankings. he has done far better than the previous manager. 

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he beat England in what were both dead rubbers in the World Cup. He has achieved nothing more than Southgate has with this Belgium side that were probably favourites for the last World Cup

I think France were the best team in the competition myself. They did as well as could be expected, England should have got to the final. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I don't agree England got the easy draw and lost to croatia. Belgium met a great team in France in the semi's. They did as well as could have been expected. They are currently world no.1 in the FIFA rankings. he has done far better than the previous manager. 

Belgium were nearly knocked out by Japan because Martinez shitty tactics, Brazil they beat but they were poor in the tournament 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Agree that he's better than wilmots

Doesn't make him good though, martinez is not a top tier manager

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Agree that he's better than wilmots

Doesn't make him good though, martinez is not a top tier manager

All Im saying is he has done better than Southgate.  Theres no way they would have lost to croatia. they only lost 1-0 to France.  I think we have more talent than Belgium have as well. So lets see how both countries do in the euros

22 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Just seen the highlights of the England and Germany games. Seems these days that being a 'top' side seems to rely on being able to dive better than the opposition. If I was the Polish defender I would have picked Sterling up by the scruff and thrown him into the stands for being a cheating bugger. 

Germany got one as well, although the ref in that game was awful. Macedonia had a nailed on penalty for handball chalked off.  

Poland had a nailed on penalty too, when Maguire blatantly knocked the ball away with his hand.

41 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Poland had a nailed on penalty too, when Maguire blatantly knocked the ball away with his hand.

And as much as VAR causes some problems, not giving that hand ball is also a big problem.

1 minute ago, Louis said:

I just hate the internationals, there's that.

The timing for these ones was pretty good for us thou. We were in terrible form and it allowed our best player in Grealish to get back from injury.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

The timing for these ones was pretty good for us thou. We were in terrible form and it allowed our best player in Grealish to get back from injury.

I've never been keen on watching England anyway. Whenever its International week, I follow the National league.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bilbao are coming out fighting against UEFA and Spanish FA as looks like they will be stripped of Euros games, they said they will not go down without a fight and accused Spanish FA of an agenda as they want to move the games to Seville

Fun week at UEFA HQ

Â