Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

He has never looked quite right since he got here but he looks totally devoid of confidence now. A confident player would have taken that great chance he had.

I am loathe to write him off as due to our dire midfield we create next to f all for our strikers but he hasn't shown anywhere near enough and I now have a horrible feeling we may have got him just past his use by date.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He has never looked quite right since he got here but he looks totally devoid of confidence now. A confident player would have taken that great chance he had.

I am loathe to write him off as due to our dire midfield we create next to f all for our strikers but he hasn't shown anywhere near enough and I now have a horrible feeling we may have got him just past his use by date.

I'm on the same boat as you. I've been expecting, and lately hoping, for him to break out of his funk, but now it seems it's not a funk after all.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

He looks like a player who wants to pass the ball to someone and then have them pass it back to him. This is Aston villa, we don't do that here. Here it's pass, hoof, give it away on repeat. No one twos or retaining possession for longer then 2.3 seconds are allowed. 

One of the worst signings the club have ever made given the amount of money he cost. 12 million quid for a striker in the Championship is a ludicrous amount of money but it could be at least justified of he scored, say, 1 in 2. He has 1 in 14.

I have completely written him off. He is dreadful.

Did some really nice things but never looked a major threat and I have no idea how he's scored so many goals. 

My worry is that we've had a bit of a Chelsea with Schevchenko moment, in that we've got him just as he's gone at the level he was dominating at. 

A real dissapointment so far. 

Just now, Tom13 said:

Judging by some of his reactions and expressions, this guy thinks he's a lot better than he actually is.

If the ball isn't exactly to his feet he ain't getting it. He can barely move.

So how do you explain 66 goals in his last three seasons then? he cant be shit.

• Like 2

Just now, PaulC said:

So how do you explain 66 goals in his last three seasons then? he cant be shit.

He's not shit, but he ain't doing it this season. He doesn't even show flashes of quality. His sluggishness reminds me of Rooney.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

He's not shit, but he ain't doing it this season. He doesn't even show flashes of quality. His sluggishness reminds me of Rooney.

He's never been known for pace though has he. We are not getting the best out of him that's for sure. I'm sure the other 20 odd championship clubs would be more than happy to take him off our hands.

Feel for him, he wasted a great chance, but at least he got into a threatening position, that is more than can be said about others. we can not expect the strikers to score every chance they have and we created only one chance for him (and lately creating one chance seems like the best we have done). He was not great, but why would you put on a small slow technical gifted player on and start playing long ball, he is not a target man, he does not run behind the defense, he simply hasn't got the pace for that. he needs it to his feet, with other players, especially midfielders, to support him.

He was not good, but it is a tough ask for a striker to do good in our team. Even Kodijia's goals are mainly solo goals/penalties. We need creativity and we need to play to his strengths instead of just hoofing it to him. 

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He's never been known for pace though has he. We are not getting the best out of him that's for sure. I'm sure the other 20 odd championship clubs would be more than happy to take him off our hands.

I'd obviously like to see all our forwards with something half decent coming from our midfield, but McCormack's struggling with the basics atm.

I'm not sure about RMc... I like him as a player but acknowledge he should be scoring more. His record speaks for itself and can't be questioned and like others have mentioned he looks like he wants to pass move and get it back but for some reason villa cant do that, just pass, move and lose it or hoof it. Desperately needs a better more powerful midfield behind him and a couple of goals to get his confidence back and we could see a lot more from him.

I think if proven players at this level are not performing to the level they should be they are either not fit or the managers and coaches are failing. I do not accept we don't have good enough players to be in the top 6.

• Like 2

We all know he's a very good player at this level but for some reason it's just not working at the moment. I think confidence within the club is still very fragile. When I hear commentators say we have turned a corner I think have we? 

• Like 1

Â