Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Mccormack has good years and he has shit years. Look back through his record.

There is a reason he has never played at the highest level. He has has had seasons in the championship when he has really struggled and barely scored 5 goals. He is throwing another one of those seasons in.

Massive price tag, massive wages, massive disappointment.

Typical Villa

• Like 2

This is completely conjecture on my behalf and I do think McCormack is a skilful player, but it just seems he isn't giving as much as he can. Perhaps being at a larger club with a larger contract at the twilight of his career has gone to his head?

21 hours ago, KHV said:

Mccormack has good years and he has shit years. Look back through his record.

There is a reason he has never played at the highest level. He has has had seasons in the championship when he has really struggled and barely scored 5 goals. He is throwing another one of those seasons in.

Massive price tag, massive wages, massive disappointment.

Typical Villa

Hes had about 2 bad years in 8 lol

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Needs to keep out the pub from what I hear

Really?

I know Rangers got rid of him because they couldn't keep him out of the boozer but that was a long time ago.

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It proves he was consistent over those three years.

...the most relevant years we should be judging him on?  I mean, we could always evaluate back to his youth, but that holds little relevance to how he should be doing right now.

On 14/01/2017 at 22:04, Tom13 said:

Judging by some of his reactions and expressions, this guy thinks he's a lot better than he actually is.

If the ball isn't exactly to his feet he ain't getting it. He can barely move.

In fairness, I'd want the ball to my feet when the guy passing it to me is 3 yards away ffs!

He hasn't just become shit overnight, we've done it to him, like so many other players before him we've surrounded him with absolute trash to play with! It's the Aston Villa way my man!

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

...the most relevant years we should be judging him on?  I mean, we could always evaluate back to his youth, but that holds little relevance to how he should be doing right now.

Sure, I wasn't averse to him signing but to point to the last 3 years and therefore assume he's been consistent throughout his career is simply wrong, the man's 30 years old so he's been playing for a lot longer than 3 years.

Do you simply ignore the previous 7-8 years? For me - no, particularly not when we're discussing someone's consistency levels.

Also, to add - the guy hasn't looked fit since he signed, appreciate he had a couple of injuries around the start of the season which will have put him on the back foot but Bruce was seemingly surprised at how unfit he was when he came in.

Coupled with the seemingly disinterested aura he gives off when on the pitch I'd suggest that his problems go far deeper than simply having a shit midfield behind him.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Sure, I wasn't averse to him signing but to point to the last 3 years and therefore assume he's been consistent throughout his career is simply wrong, the man's 30 years old so he's been playing for a lot longer than 3 years.

Do you simply ignore the previous 7-8 years? For me - no, particularly not when we're discussing someone's consistency levels.

Yeah, I would - I'd look at what they're doing recently rather than what they were doing 4 years ago.

Flip the situation on it's head, would you be praising a player who is currently doing terribly based on a brilliant scoring record 4 years ago?  Of course you wouldn't.

Just now, bobzy said:

Yeah, I would - I'd look at what they're doing recently rather than what they were doing 4 years ago.

Flip the situation on it's head, would you be praising a player who is currently doing terribly based on a brilliant scoring record 4 years ago?  Of course you wouldn't.

Hang on, are you not praising a player who is currently doing terribly based on a brilliant scoring record last year?

Whether it's 1 year or 4 years ago it's in the past.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Hang on, are you not praising a player who is currently doing terribly based on a brilliant scoring record last year?

Whether it's 1 year or 4 years ago it's in the past.

I'm not praising him?

I'd say he should be doing better based because his last 3 seasons suggest he should.  I wouldn't say he's doing about what he should be doing because, 4 years ago, he only scored 4 times in a season.

Ridiculous to class last season equal to 4 years ago because they're both "in the past".

Â