Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but can we not play this guy up front? He has over 100 goals at this level for **** sake.

I agree we have a 20 goal a season striker yet we are getting nothing out of him. We have often played him wide and surprise surprise he has looked lost and poor.

It may well be that he needs to play as part of a two be that with Kodjia or even Gestede.

I'd like to see him start on Sunday but it needs to be in a formation that gets the best out of him.

Edited by markavfc40

you take best midfield players out of the prem teams and see how their forwards  get on.

The midfield replacements are paramount.

you can permutate them any way you like, until the Midfield is fixed we are stuffed.

I think we have done marvellous under the circumstances.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

you take best midfield players out of the prem teams and see how their forwards  get on.

The midfield replacements are paramount.

you can permutate them any way you like, until the Midfield is fixed we are stuffed.

I think we have done marvellous under the circumstances.

That's been our problem for literally years now. Our midfield has always been way too tame. We have always lacked a midfield who can make good forward passes. We can't expect Westwood, Gardner, or Jedinak to be playing the defense cutting passes. Tshibola has been the only one this season who has looked like he can create a goal, but he has been frozen out. 

Ross was not amazing, but pretty good under RDM. Ross may only have 2 goals, but he has hit the post 4 times. He was seemingly starting to get accustom to the players around him before he got injured. Needs to be back in the #10 spot. 

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Ross was not amazing, but pretty good under RDM. Ross may only have 2 goals, but he has hit the post 4 times. He was seemingly starting to get accustom to the players around him before he got injured. Needs to be back in the #10 spot. 

Not so much his goals but he is a good link up player and creates for others too as well as being good on set pieces - offers far more than ayew .

48 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Aside from that you can see he has the skill to beat players and make defense splitting passes, should defo be starting!

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Its just beyond my comprehension that Gabby started ahead of him last night.

Pay 12 million for a proven goal scorer and play a proven fat uncommitted player instead. Dont get it either. Even under RDM we were playing decent stuff (at the start of the season) and just not closing out games. RMC was instrumental in that. He would link the play etc. He must play. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah Kodjia should be centre, McCormack behind him.

Not for me JV. While he wasn't great yesterday (nobody was) i think i agree with Bruce's assessment that Kodjia plays better from the left.

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah Kodjia should be centre, McCormack behind him.

McCormack should either play as central striker or as a second striker, if we can't play him in those positions we shouldn't play him at all. Kodjia with McCormack off of him could be the answer as long as McCormack doesn't have to play from a wider position.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

McCormack should either play as central striker or as a second striker, if we can't play him in those positions we shouldn't play him at all. Kodjia with McCormack off of him could be the answer as long as McCormack doesn't have to play from a wider position.

Thats what I meant, as a second striker. I think he has the skill, awareness, pass and finish in him but not the physicality or speed to be TOP man. Kodjia has got that.

Â